On-duty NYPD officers admit handcuffing teenage girl, putting her in van, and having sex with her, but say it wasn't rape

I also think you get fired at most jobs for having secks while on the clock.

18 Likes

Guys its cool, this is just locker room behavior. Boys being boys. It’s not like these officers are criminals. /s

12 Likes

Can we dispense with the “for the sake of argument” bullshit?

The girl was underage.

The girl was under arrest.

The girl was alone handcuffed in a van.

The girl says it wasn’t consensual.

This was rape of a kid. The pigs who raped her deserve the most severe punishment the law allows. Any public prosecutor who refuses to press charges is an accessory to rape of a kid. It needs to be clear to the DA’s office that that will be their reputation when they run for reelection if they fail in their duty to the people of New York.

40 Likes

New definition of nothingness:

The howling void where we would have expected to find these cops’ moral compass, conscience, ethics, and integrity.

7 Likes

Came here to say just that. Seriously, bringing consent into it takes it down to 11 from about 13 on the fucked up meter.

1 Like

This is why protesting injustice and protesting police violence still matters.

This is why athletes don’t stand for the national anthem.

This is why people fly flags upside down or burn them.

This is why every single fucking white lard-ass who practically lives on his couch while gorging on shitty beer and chips and football needs to shut the fuck up with their bullshitty “protesting doesn’t help, it just gets everybody worked up, we all need to calm down” nonsense.

NO, MOTHER-FUCKERS, WE WON’T FUCKING BACK DOWN OR GO SILENT!!!

32 Likes

Can we make sure that child rapists Edward Martins and Richard Hall (after they leave prison) never come into unsupervised contact with children again, please?

And, also, Policemen’s Endowment Association… needs a new name if they’re going to be defending child rapists.

13 Likes

I am sure that they were worried for their life. Saying that is all that it takes.

I thought that was the place my mind goes to whenever I finish reading the news and my will to live falters a bit. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Does this apply to vets? AFAF.

3 Likes

It needs to be said that if these two monsters don’t see institution time, this will happen again.

6 Likes

On more than just this topic.

The devil has enough advocates already; they don’t need any more help.

8 Likes
4 Likes

My brain can’t process this headline.

Somebody admits WHAT :cloud_with_lightning: :brain: :astonished:

NYPD officer :policeman: :exploding_head: :right_anger_bubble:

On duty :clock11: :oncoming_police_car:

OFFICERS, PLURAL :angry: :crazy_face: :confounded:

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure nobody’s trying to minimise this, but rather point out that even if you bend over backwards interpreting this favorably for those fucking pigs, they’re still guilty of a major crime.

15 Likes

I know that. That’s why I didn’t direct my comment at anyone in particular. I know they’re trying to bolster the argument for prosecution. But sometimes we have to cut through the Devil’s advocacy and call spades spades.

8 Likes

I hear you, for sure. “Arguments sake” is a weird phrase to use in this heinous situation, i admit. My main point was that if even a second of any court’s time is spent on the question of whether there was consent here, that alone is a fucking travesty. The idea that this could be anything but rape, that this excuse could even be uttered is beyond insane. If there is even a shadow of an attempt to “explore the victim’s past” to try to make a character case for consent, there are no fucking words.

17 Likes

Hey, not bad; thanks for the link!

1 Like

Cops, committing an obvious and heinous crime? Surely this unprecedented event will be met with the harshest punishment- after all, I think everyone agrees that they should be held to the highest possible standards, since they hold so much power and the potential for abuse is obvious. Oh, the victim was a woman? I’m sure people will work even harder to make sure justice is served. The only way things could be more in the victim’s favor is if she’s a minority.

Yes sir, those officers are going to be sorry when they realize they’re not above the law.

Sigh.

13 Likes

yeah, which always seems to be…

paid administrative leave.

(still getting paid but not having to work)

:cry: smdh

9 Likes