On replying with the same animated GIF many times

Oh, Miiiiiinnnndy! We have a new slurping GIF!!!

7 Likes
2 Likes

Is that like a Harlem Shake?

No, but the reaction sometimes is.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œcodinghorror, post:51, topic:62205ā€]
Just look at this button. Just look at it.
[/quote]But thatā€™s not a banana! Iā€™M SCARED AND CONFUSED!

3 Likes

it appears to me that irritation at your op has resulted in a spirit of community creativity. you are grit to our oysters.

7 Likes

Makes senseā€¦

https://blog.stackexchange.com/2011/06/optimizing-for-pearls-not-sand/

Flag would get used a lot more if it was a banana button. Kind of serious about that.

5 Likes

After all, it would be telling the moderator ā€œjust look at itā€¦please, look at it, nowā€.

10 Likes

Welp, glad everyone feels better.

5 Likes

After that martini, I feel Great!

@codinghorror I respect you tons, but you are wrong in this regard.

@mindysan33 I respect you tonnes.

4 Likes

Thanksā€¦

3 Likes

In all my years of reading BBS, I canā€™t say Iā€™ve ever seen anyone use the exact same meme or animated GIF image as a complete reply, over and over, in multiple topics, many times per week. I know, because I would have complained about it.

I have been part of communities where they did start to do this kind of stuff, every time opinion (x) was trotted out, generic copypasta image (y) was pasted in. That was cool, that was accepted, thatā€™s how they began to communicate. Or not communicate, as the case may be.

Spoiler: it didnā€™t end well.

(Iā€™m all for variations on a theme, though. Totally support that.)

I canā€™t say that, either. I see it once a week, maybe. If that. And then itā€™s always nice to see an old friend.

But those @#$@#$! emoji - I see those a$$#@!%s all over the place.

Ugh.

2 Likes

Banana seems to imply some kind of rewarding rather than castigating action. Iā€™d associate ā€˜bananaā€™ with ā€˜likeā€™ - and I donā€™t even like bananas.

2 Likes

Am I the only person who has noticed that Cumberbonce has clearly stolen Nicholas Cageā€™s hair in this shot?

Sorry, I couldnā€™t find a gif version. Only the blowy wind one.

2 Likes

But isnā€™t it a logical fallacy to assume that just because something happened on another BBS, the same outcome would occur here?

4 Likes

2 Likes

I find the slurping GIF to be the equivalent of brown M&Ms. If I see it I should not read the thread, it will only make me angry.

10 Likes

Nice analogy!

Itā€™s a community service: we should be thanking @Mindysan33, not complaining.

5 Likes

What if I posted nothing but Jon Snow/Kit Harrington gifs? Or just Game of Throne gifs? Would that also be a party foul? Would I be singled out then, as well?

Why am I asking questions hereā€¦ I wonā€™t be donaldā€™ed here.

4 Likes