On The Tonight Show, John Oliver asks Alexa: "How bad are Amazon working conditions?"

Originally published at: On The Tonight Show, John Oliver asks Alexa: "How bad are Amazon working conditions?" | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Jimmy Fallon, why so you always make me want to vomit?
anigif_sub-buzz-27639-1474000605-2

32 Likes

Cheat sheet for Alexa:

Pretty bad.

And they weren’t reporting Covid cases as required.

19 Likes

It’s the residual effect of Jay Leno.

10 Likes

stopped watching him after that moment.

14 Likes

But Jeffy loves us…

200-1

6 Likes

Only this Jeffy has any love.

8 Likes

tenor-9

15 Likes

Never forget.

I assume him shutting this questioning down is because the network have some Amazon sponsorship somewhere along the line (because of course) and we can’t be blocking that particularly lucrative feed tube now, can we.

With Amazon though, however bad you think they can be at any given time it’s best to re-evaluate that estimate because they are usually so much worse.

9 Likes

At least I didn’t use an Amazon link for the book :grin:

16 Likes

I am going to be that* person but around here we use The StoryGraph and not Amazon subsidiaries.

*Sorry. :blush:

12 Likes

No worries. All hail booksellers that aren’t Amazon!

16 Likes

Why not promote bookshop.org while we’re at it.

20 Likes

I supported a Black-owned bookstore just today.

:smiley:

24 Likes

But where will we get our “useful stuff” like spatulas, vegetable peelers and toilet plungers?

1 Like

From the BoingBoing store of course! /s

20 Likes

I dunno, Jimmy Fallon seems pusillanimous enough that he’d act this way even without that.

7 Likes

I don’t own anything with Alexa. What does she say if you really do ask her?

3 Likes

It’s mass suggestion, and now everyone’s asking Alexa, which drives up internet interest in Amazon’s treatment of their employees.

Season 7 Yes GIF by The Office

13 Likes

Everything about that is nauseating. Fallon fluffing Toadstool’s comb-overed transplants. Toadstool’s grimacing “smile”. But most of all the toxic cloud of dandruff and spray-tan wafting into the studio to choke Fallon’s audience.

7 Likes