On The Tonight Show, John Oliver asks Alexa: "How bad are Amazon working conditions?"

I’ve found that in most case a look on the publisher website is worth for a bigger discount. I remember mail ordering books in the '80s from publishers, and nowadays most of them have a website for e-commerce.
Some smaller publishers are also using now the e commerce from the bigger one.

3 Likes

that would be bluetooth enabled spatulas, healing crystal energy vegetable peelers, and subscription-based toilet plungers.

3 Likes

Frankly I’m concerned!

2 Likes

David Letterman has always despised Fallon. He repeatedly called him Lonnie Donegan on his show, prompting Paul to correct him. Dave just didn’t want to say his name.

1 Like

Although David hates EVERYONE. He is the ultra grumpy old man, only maybe beaten by Larry David but I suspect that’s an act.

His band used to vamp on I’m The Slime during the commercial break after the monologue. I don’t know how often, but I heard it more than once whilst watching nonconsensually when visiting my grandparents. That, to me, showed a level of awareness that I find chilling to this day.

This site claims Tina Turner did backup vocals on the album version; didn’t know that. But I do know that not only did Don Pardo contribute to the album version, he actually joined them on stage frequently for that part.

I disagree, as there are people David really loves: Jerry Seinfeld, Tina Fey, Norm McDonald (never really understood that one), Jim Gaffigan, Conan O’Brien, Jimmy Kimmel, etc. Dave just doesn’t like himself.

He’s both the host and chuckling toady sidekick all in one obnoxious package?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.