On the website "Is It Normal?" people will vote to decide if your belief is normal

Originally published at: On the website "Is It Normal?" people will vote to decide if your belief is normal | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Please God, please don’t let me be normal.

16 Likes

Well, that’s a refreshingly supportive and respectful community. I just went into the relationship section to gawk and it was pretty solid advice most of the time.

10 Likes

Agreed. I was surprised at how, uh, normal most people were acting.

12 Likes

Agreed, there’s some solid answers there. But the answers to this one cracked me up:

‘Helpful’ responses :rofl::

ETA: not laughing at the original question mind you - so many things like this can prey on someone’s mind.

5 Likes

If I wanted to train my robot’s personality AI this is the website I’d set up to train it.

6 Likes

My initial reaction to this is that “normal” is not the right metric. I’d want to see things rated on “rational”. I was expecting conspiracy and alt-medicine-type nonsense to be posted and plenty of that stuff is mainstream and common enough to be called “normal”, but that doesn’t make it good or right.

However, after seeing some of the content, I’m on board. It’s really a sort of light talk therapy where people are making each feel better about their little weirdsies. It seems like all upside.

7 Likes

I don’t know normal, but I know what I like.

4 Likes

Such is the internet that we all went in skeptical, and are genuinely surprised to see that a corner of rationality exists on the web.

2 Likes

looks around

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.