On this day in 1960, The Flinstones premiered

Originally published at: On this day in 1960, The Flinstones premiered | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Celebrate with a flavourful Winston cigarette.

20 Likes

[Lights a commemorative Winston, inhales deeply.]

13 Likes

Jinx!
IOU a caffeinated soft drink

8 Likes

Throughout the article, the name of the titular family is alternately spelled “Flintstone” and “Flinstone,” like we’re sort of halfway into a Mandela effect episode…

6 Likes

4 Likes

Better make it a Busch beer.

7 Likes

So was anyone else seriously traumatized (as a wee sprat) over the intro sequence, in which Fred was locked out of the home to be forever consigned to sleeping on the front doorstep in the cold?

7 Likes

It’s worth noting that of all H-B’s various clones of The Flintstones, only The Jetsons seems to have stood the test of time. How many of us remember “Wait 'Til Your Father Gets Home” (which may actually represent an evolutionary step between “The Flintstones” and “The Simpsons”), “The Roman Holidays”, or “These Are The Days”?

On a side note, we almost went full-circle a few years back as Seth MacFarlane was developing a Flintstones reboot.

4 Likes

And like 34 years later they made a movie, and for some reason, it includes this classic TKK son on the soundtrack.

2 Likes

Yabba dabba doo!

I always enjoyed the clever animal-based technology.

6 Likes

I have the theme song running through my head now. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

So Jonny Quest begat Archer?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.