One Got Fat: deeply weird bicycle safety film with kids in monkey masks

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Note that you can buy the Riffed version of this short for 99 cents via Rifftrax’s video on demand catalog.

4 Likes

Whoa, let’s not forget the Boards of Canada video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQEmaj9C6ko

5 Likes

It’s Ride of the Planet of the Apes.

6 Likes

i love this movie saw it as a kid too and did i ever get killed on my bike no i did not

9 Likes

The names on those lunches! Triglr? Floog? Are those supposed to be monkey names? They sound like websites, but not from 1964.

2 Likes

Moral: if you don’t want to die OR get fat, be like Mossby: don’t ride bikes.

1 Like

Other moral: if you’re riding with friends and they get in an accident, leave them behind and eat their sandwiches.

5 Likes

Just watch it at fastest speed on youtube with this playing for audio.

ETA or if you prefer the “original” lyrics.

1 Like

I thought these masks must have been inspired by Planet of the Apes judging by the girl ape that looks a lot like Dr. Zira, but this predates the first film by at least 5 years.

Well, that’s just common sense.

7 Likes

This thing gave me such nightmares when I was in elementary school. Thanks, Mrs. Miller.

1 Like

Good god, that had a higher body count than The Hunger Games.

3 Likes

Other other moral: if you’re riding with friends and you get hungry…

[the completion of this moral is left as an exercise for the reader]

2 Likes

“Triglr” isn’t a website, it’s a mobile dating app for troglodytes. “Floog” is a delivery service for masochists.

8 Likes

God Made Man, but he used the Monkey to do it.

Apes in the plan and we’re all here to prove it.

I can walk like and ape, BIKE like an ape

I can do what monkeys do.

God made man, but a monkey supplied the little bell for the handlebars.

If you dig surf guitar, check it

4 Likes

Now I have two videos with cyclists in animal masks to love!

https://vimeo.com/55463146

1 Like

Looks like nobody has linked the Phil Retrospector video (which I think was featured on Boing Boing awhile back):

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.