One of Miles Davis's final performances sees official release, includes songs by Prince and Michael Jackson

HOLY FUCK!!
Thanks and loved this video so much.
For the music to transform from foreign chattering call and response from exotic birds to a four on the floor funk explosion… (appropriate mind exploding gif here!!)

Similar deal here with Chaka Kahn

1 Like

Although my love for Miles’ albums drops precipitously after 1983’s Star People, it’s great to see how he really got his technique back by the end of his life. He could barely squeak notes out on the trumpet by '75.

O_O

2 Likes

Thank you… good point well made

Listen to Agharta or Pangaea, both live albums from his last tour in '75. He rarely takes solos, and when he does you can tell he has absolutely no wind anymore. Little out of pitch pips and squeaks…sad to hear. Chronic hip problems and dope sickness. (Even then, I absolutely adore those albums for what they are)

His last concert before temporary retirement. (He’d recorded the Agharta concert earlier that day.) I dunno, I’m no musicologist, but I think Miles’ trumpet contributions work extremely well in the context his band created. I don’t doubt that illness had reduced his capacities, but even the pips and squeaks are of high quality here.

3 Likes

Doing so still won’t make me share your personal opinion.

Have a good day.

1 Like

Well then…how can I possibly have a good day now?!

1 Like

Easy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.