One of these trusty multi-tools or pocket knives could be a virtual lifesaver

I have lost 2 or 3 of these going through TSA.

I think I have used one once as a box opener. At 3 bucks a pop it is kind of whatever, but putting one in your wallet hasn’t panned out as a good idea.

Utility knives seem to fit in better in such places. They look like “tools” rather than “knives”.

But they scare me, I’ve broken off segments of the blades, where they are supposed to break off, and I worry about the broken bit hitting me in the eye.

A good regular knife isn’t going to break except under extreme circumstances.

1 Like

Yeah, my daily driver is definitely a “knife” but it doesn’t have much in the way of mallninja tacticool bullshit design language.

I’ve even considered getting an extra Ontario RAT 2 and using a hacksaw and grind wheel to put a butterknife tip on it.

Utility knives are always either really bulky and uncomfortable in the pocket, or otherwise they’re those little straight razor slips that are completely unsafe.

I just want a completely safe, folding blade, that disappears in the pocket like any good pocket knife.

3 Likes

I was really interested in that Geekey until I realized it has a built in bowl for smoking. Which while that’s kind of amazing and all, that’s not something I want combined with my multi-tool.

Not sure I’d want to wrap my lips around this after doing all that anyway.

Ugh. Seriously… In a mailroom… If ever there was a proper place for a proper tool… Maybe a dedicated box cutter would skeeve the boss out less?

2 Likes

Three words: samurai mail clerk.

4 Likes

Besides, wasn’t one reason men used to carry a pocket knife around was to clean their pipe bowl?

Not too handy if the two are attached.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.