Ongoing coronavirus happenings

nixon-head-agnew

11 Likes

That isn’t an issue here because every single piece of fresh produce is wrapped in its own plastic :frowning_face:

Try gloves with cloth backs but nitrile fronts.

6 Likes

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/22/coronavirus-ny-gov-cuomo-says-state-to-start-clinical-drug-trial-authorizes-temporary-hospitals-asks-us-to-nationalize-medical-supply-buying.html

Coronavirus: NY Gov. Cuomo says state to start clinical drug trial, authorizes temporary hospitals, asks US to nationalize medical supply buying

New York state is also running a clinical trial beginning Tuesday of a treatment regimen of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin, two drugs that doctors in Africa and elsewhere say they’ve seen good results in fighting the virus.

I think he said they have 70,000 doses when he spoke?

Looks like we’ll have a lot of data soon.

14 Likes

Now that Trump has his closed borders, what’s he going to do about migrant workers? It will be interesting to see him attempt to move his mouth muscles to say that they are needed.

20 Likes
23 Likes

Brilliant. Wish I knew how to extract a gif from Twitter.

8 Likes

26 Likes

Truly. It tells a story in a way that people need to understand!

16 Likes

Here you go:

ezgif-7-9e21d32ca6bb

(I’d post how I did it here, but I don’t want to derail; I might start a how-to thread for things like this.)

–Ninja’d!

17 Likes

Thanks, my bbs homies!

In other nice-gesture news:

24 Likes

In a shocking development

I guess they didn’t see the gif above, hmmm?

31 Likes
23 Likes

Perhaps if he stuck the blow dryer elsewhere?

21 Likes

Edit:

Also - Senators who are also physicians may need to have their licenses revoked.

26 Likes

pig at the trough

23 Likes

Oh no, this has finally gone TOO FAR! :wink:

8 Likes

The Norwegian government is having this discussion. They will certainly allow for easy extensions of residence permits, but are also trying to decide if there is any way to move laid-off workers into some of these jobs.

3 Likes

A metaphor that may be too close to reality to be a metaphor.

https://videosgifs.com/omg/cuidado-con-la-avalancha-coronavirus/

5 Likes

gee why didn’t we think of that before

5 Likes

Cut the snark and read the interview.

6 Likes