Ongoing coronavirus happenings

I’m not even sure it shows what it’s purporting to show, some of the worst areas in the bottom map did stop driving more than 2 miles. It’s superficially similar, but look at West Virginia!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/DevinCow?s=09

3 Likes

Me? His own sweet, blue-haired mamma? Why, I’ll SLAPP that smirk right off his pasty, suet-featured face.

8 Likes
5 Likes

how i hate those phrases.

we valued his holdings? his wealth? his earning power? you don’t value people by their money.

well, okay. except maybe for this manifestly unfit, impeached, popular vote losing president(*), and his value is pretty close to zero regardless.

(* hat tip xeni )

11 Likes

Drunk on the money of pious liberals.

10 Likes
8 Likes

I think it’s somewhat questionable to list someone’s holdings based primarily on a promised future payout from Vladimir Putin.

17 Likes

I did not read the article, but I’ll bet that they have no way of knowing how leveraged all his holdings actually are. He could seriously be in the red (yet again!) at this point.

11 Likes

For at least one day out of the past five years, Trump has significant competition for Worst Person in the World:

Oh, Elon (Atrios)

Elon got a lot of press for promising to build ventilators, then he got a lot of press for promising to provide them (but not necessarily build them), then he got a lot of press for delivering some “ventilators” which are… not. They’re BIPAP machines generally for home use to treat sleep apnea and while they can be used to aid people with respiratory distress generally, they are not the type of ventilators hospitals have a shortage of (you could have one delivered tomorrow to your home for a grand or less), and certainly no substitute for those ventilators which there is a desperate shortage of, and even in normal times cost a hell of a lot more than a grand.

Keep trying to tell people he’s a con man…

15 Likes

34 Likes

Actual article:

The particular graph being used is showing on the county level when the average weekday daily travel distance fell below 2 miles. If 10% of people had to go > 1 mile for groceries, so long as they aren’t doing daily grocery shopping getting the country average below 2 miles should be doable in most cases.

It’s really depicting people continuing to commute to work.

They probably chose 2 miles in reference to the table in the article where an average daily travel of 2 miles puts you in the top 20 worst counties (with population >500k) in the US.

5 Likes

deaths by state

Deaths by state for states with at least 10 deaths

8 Likes

Thread:

17 Likes

Interesting how the South China Morning Post does do not mention Germany.

2 Likes

“suggests” is apparently the NYT euphemism for “lied about”

13 Likes

WaPo: Anthony Fauci’s security is stepped up as doctor and face of U.S. coronavirus response receives threats

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/anthony-faucis-security-is-stepped-up-as-doctor-and-face-of-us-coronavirus-response-receives-threats/ar-BB122LOX?ocid=spartanntp

16 Likes

Well, we don’t have a national lockdown, we have totally-not-a-lockdown social distancing restrictions…
Oddly enough, they have “Baviera” on that map.

5 Likes

But

That’s just…
Yeah.

5 Likes
13 Likes