Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Until we have a vaccine, this is exactly what “build herd immunity” means for COVID-19.

24 Likes

The horror.

The majority of those whose bodies have been found on the street were probably indigent, said Hector Galarza, a publicist in Guayaquil. “But it is generating panic.”

I don’t feel like unpacking that right now.

19 Likes
10 Likes

Huh. They were advertising for the “brightest forward-thinking individuals”, but it turns out that they were looking for wealthy people instead.

9 Likes

I remember reading about cases during the Spanish flu pandemic that were frighteningly similar to the current Ecuadorian situation.

4 Likes
4 Likes

A collusion of golf carts.

25 Likes

So that’s what it took to make him take this whole covid thing seriously haha

22 Likes
6 Likes

Thread:

To all those thinking that we “might as well let idiots be idiots” – it’s not only the idiots that suffer. Every motherfucker going to places they don’t need to and also refusing to isolate afterwards is potentially killing people who maybe didn’t get a choice of whether to interact.

37 Likes

Better watch out. If you hurt his feelings, he’ll sue you.

13 Likes

I’m not even sure it shows what it’s purporting to show, some of the worst areas in the bottom map did stop driving more than 2 miles. It’s superficially similar, but look at West Virginia!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/DevinCow?s=09

3 Likes

Me? His own sweet, blue-haired mamma? Why, I’ll SLAPP that smirk right off his pasty, suet-featured face.

8 Likes
5 Likes

how i hate those phrases.

we valued his holdings? his wealth? his earning power? you don’t value people by their money.

well, okay. except maybe for this manifestly unfit, impeached, popular vote losing president(*), and his value is pretty close to zero regardless.

(* hat tip xeni )

11 Likes

Drunk on the money of pious liberals.

10 Likes
8 Likes

I think it’s somewhat questionable to list someone’s holdings based primarily on a promised future payout from Vladimir Putin.

17 Likes

I did not read the article, but I’ll bet that they have no way of knowing how leveraged all his holdings actually are. He could seriously be in the red (yet again!) at this point.

11 Likes