Ongoing coronavirus happenings

And Washington is now reporting the first death in the US due to covid-19. Not saying who it is yet, but no surprise. Trump will ignore this at his news conference I will predict. He may even claim again that we have no deaths here. :sob:

13 Likes

I hope they have a Plan B.

6 Likes
7 Likes

Holy shit! The death in Washington is the high school kid? That is bad. Like in really bad.

ETA trying to confirm this. Only one report gave that info, nobody else has said anything about ID.

13 Likes

Fuck!

7 Likes

I’m old enough to remember when Trump said that the hoax coming out of China was global warming… I think the summary of Trump’s time in office is that it would be survivable provided no major challenges arose. Well guess what - a major challenge has arrived.

8 Likes

10 Likes

Well, Trump says it was a 50 year old medically fragile woman, so there is that.

7 Likes

Trump just said on the radio he might “close the southern border” to keep that one sick person out

10 Likes

If you need a cheap solution and don’t mind petroleum products, you can buy a tiny jar of Vaseline (generic brand even cheaper) and just use it liberally on your hands after disinfecting.

3 Likes

Wash your hands EVERY TIME before touching any part of your face, or touching anything that might go in an orifice (such as food).

Could it be someone with asthma or other pre-existing respiratory issues?

10 Likes

The White House is sticking to its bizarro-world numbers

“We have 22 patients in the United States currently that have coronavirus. Unfortunately, one patient passed away overnight,” Trump said.

President Trump confirms 1st known death in US from coronavirus - ABC News

3 Likes

At a news conference on Saturday, President Trump identified her as “a wonderful woman, a medically high risk patient in her late 50s.

An odd way of describing someone. It’s as if Liberace ran a morgue.

9 Likes

I hope so.

5 Likes

his shrinking vocabulary isn’t helping, but the basic problem is he can’t form complex thoughts about other people, they’re all either aiding him somehow or they’re his enemies, and he vaguely knows he’s not supposed to be denouncing virus patients

16 Likes

I can’t listen to Trup at all.

It makes me feel like I am 8 again and getting yelled at because the Steelers are losing.

5 Likes
18 Likes

Who would have thought? /s

3 Likes

4 Likes

Off topic, but this needs to be a miniseries.

16 Likes