Ongoing coronavirus happenings

That’s bad.

7 Likes

WA Governor Jay Inslee And WA health officials said it was a 50-yo man who was already being treated for COPD.

8 Likes

Yeah, Trump just flat-out lied about the victim, I presume because either 1) brain worms, or 2) a woman dying is more tragic. Someone please staple that gaping asshole’s mouth shut.

7 Likes

13 Likes

So here afe some details on the fatality as well as 2 more cases of community transmission, both of which were mentioned upthread. (Damn, mutants scoop the press pretty routinely anymore!)

13 Likes

It gets worse. They may be dealing with an outbreak in a nursing home now.

19 Likes

Shit. I almost posted this morning that senior centers and nursing homes should be going into controlled access lockdown, now.

BTW, in Ontario all doctor visits now have a pre-visit screening call where where they ask a few basic questions. It’s not much, but…

16 Likes

Yeah, especially because it as actually a man that died, not a woman.

8 Likes

oh dear… over at ProPublica, this:

"The U.S. insisted on developing its own Coronavirus test, even though the WHO already had one that worked.

Then the U.S.'s test didn’t work. And now, it’s dangerously behind in proactively testing for an outbreak."

20 Likes

Additionally, if I read correctly, the US test (that doesn’t work very well) is several times more expensive than the WHO test. We are truly proving ourselves to be every bit as stupid as we have so frequently appeared to be. :expressionless:

20 Likes

:scream:

20 Likes

Hey, look, our government is a clueless mess! Shocking revelations! :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

But the government was facing a near impossible task in containing COVID-19’s spread, experts told MarketWatch. Amesh Adalja, senior scholar at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, cautioned that the public shouldn’t view the government’s response as a failure, because that could create distrust of future public health measures.

it’s on brand

6 Likes

23 recover from virus after TCM treatments --china daily

If you believe that Mao invented Traditional Chinese Medicine in order to save money, this is a bad sign indeed.

1 Like

How long until Trump blames democrats?

4 Likes

The first group of 23 patients have recovered from novel coronavirus pneumonia and were released on Wednesday morning from Jiangxia makeshift hospital, the first medical institution entirely managed by traditional Chinese medicine doctors.

Yeah, I’m going to call a big fat deadly bullshit on that. Does TCM even cover disease theory?

8 Likes

52e73c88315adfba0fc416ad60e9a42dbf0a3597_1_690x460

3 Likes

Great.

11 Likes

Welp. Two new coronavirus cases in Finland, both caught from one of the women coming back from Italy. A kid and a senior citizen.

Still not time to worry overmuch, let alone panic, but it is concerning.

6 Likes

Case fatality versus age from the BBC

10 Likes