Ongoing coronavirus happenings

US carriers have switched many of their jets over to cargo to make up that increased need. They’ll still need to run some service to bring citizens back home and ferry emergency workers from the feds. They’re already mostly closed down with most Airports having closed some terminals. Of course - airports will need to run for cargo and these services.

14 Likes

Yeah the people commenting on that tweet (well, apart from all those giving righteous abuse) had numbers up to “I’ve 18 listings and am down $50,000 this month already”. Parasitic scum.

Unfortunately rents have been so high that its impossible for young people to save. So even after this recession people won’t be able to buy. Most major developments opening up soon have already been bulk bought by institutional investors. They’ll still have the capital after this.

18 Likes

Lives lost, and lives diminished. I like my lung function as it is, and hope to keep it.

14 Likes
14 Likes
10 Likes

I have far less trouble believing he did say it than he didn’t, the guy is a known social Darwinist.

9 Likes

The Star praising Doug Ford, it’s the End Times!

Political leaders around the world should be thanking Donald Trump for setting such a low bar.

13 Likes
5 Likes

“Not as bad as we expected” is now the passing grade for politicians.

14 Likes
11 Likes
4 Likes

WTF are people thinking? Damn…

17 Likes
11 Likes

Sen. Rand Paul has tested positive.

Maybe he’ll vote for the damn bill now.

26 Likes

I doubt that he will

13 Likes

He must have forgotten to wash his hands after pulling up his bootstraps.

31 Likes

No hand washing? Glad he’s not my doctor!

12 Likes

He won’t… because he believes in rugged individualism for the little people, not for him.

Me too.

19 Likes

update: :slightly_smiling_face:

most everybody is wearing gloves now, including some customers. i wear them… sometimes… i think it’s mainly psychological.

beyond helping with face touching, it helps - i think - customers take things (slightly) more seriously. some customers seem not to know there’s a pandemic, others treat us as if we are diseased. ( there should be a balance: if youre too afraid to use touchless payment, you should probably be ordering groceries from home. )

my hands sweat instantly in the gloves. i cant figure if that’s better or worse than all the handwashing. i use lots of moisturizer at night. cloth gloves seem a no-no cause fresh produce gets real wet.

i get the next few days off ( i think. ) right at the start a couple co-workers started staying home for various health reasons. we’re not short staffed. yet. ( people don’t want to do new hiring, despite the increased load… because there’d wouldn’t be enough free time to interview or train anyone. )

the people who buy for our store have been working non-stop. they’re keeping it all running with vendors and suppliers.

local vendors are either overwhelmed by the current demand, or closing from the lack of it re: no restaurants and bars. the big warehouses have food, but apparently enough workers are sick or worried about getting sick that staffing is extremely spotty. the delivery drivers seem overwhelmed. arriving hours after scheduled deliveries, or not at all, or with multiple days of deliveries at once.

time limited shopping is our new buzz word.

24 Likes

If anything could, this would be it!

My apologies for lying there, that soulless fuck cares for nothing.

3 Likes