Ongoing coronavirus happenings

The Netherlands just quit.

15 Likes

Fair enough. I’ve met people in whose hearts Ireland is still a part of the British Empire. But what do I know.

5 Likes

Touché!! :rofl:

2 Likes

“We Have To Bring Down the Number of Cases Now. Otherwise We Won’t Be Able To Handle It”

He also has a daily podcast, very good explanations. And he is someone who says what he doesn’t know.

12 Likes

Not as such:

7 Likes
9 Likes

Good!
Not that anyone really has a “good” plan right now. In the UK we’re just seeing huge crowds at supermarkets and the old “can’t give in to it, must carry on as normal!” attitude.

10 Likes

That’s a really bad decision. What’s the most tragic thing about this is the possibility that a drug that significantly lowers risk of COVID19 complications may be available soon after countless lives are lost, making that sacrifice completely pointless.

10 Likes
19 Likes

Saying the quiet part out loud has become quite the rage lately, eh? Assholes all the way down.

27 Likes
12 Likes

It’s been officially denied already, obviously, but it really does feel like something he would say…

14 Likes

Cummings is an asshole’s asshole.

12 Likes

Gee, I hope that group immunity is actually a thing for COVID-xx, because it does bugger all for the Common Cold. They might want to be sure of that before triaging a whole bunch of people to die in order to save their stock portfolios the economy.

15 Likes

I’ve wanted to play Good Society since it came out on Kickstarter. I wonder if I can persuade people to join me on Zoom.

14 Likes

Don’t know what it’s like in your city but there are suddenly flats available to rent in ours. It’s great.

After this is over we need to get serious about air bnb.
Edit, DAFT is the local rental site. Huge uptick in offered places to live.

17 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-22/emirates-to-suspend-all-passenger-operations-from-march-25

Smart move. Will US carriers follow?

7 Likes

I doubt it’s the small renters with a couple spare bedrooms that are screaming the most right now. More likely it’s the people with hundreds of complete units that they bought with financing in order to cash-in on a sure thing with their ghost hotels.

21 Likes

/air facepalm

18 Likes