Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Oh no, this has finally gone TOO FAR! :wink:

8 Likes

The Norwegian government is having this discussion. They will certainly allow for easy extensions of residence permits, but are also trying to decide if there is any way to move laid-off workers into some of these jobs.

3 Likes

A metaphor that may be too close to reality to be a metaphor.

https://videosgifs.com/omg/cuidado-con-la-avalancha-coronavirus/

5 Likes

gee why didnā€™t we think of that before

5 Likes

Cut the snark and read the interview.

6 Likes
8 Likes

Holy crap, this blistering and thorough summation from Elizabeth Warren on Cult45ā€™s COVID-19 Corporate Welfare Kleptocratic Crime of the Week:

JFC

27 Likes
19 Likes
7 Likes

Once again: propaganda is about framing and emphasis.

21 Likes

Sen Romney now Iā€™m self quarantine- I think he had contact with Randy.

Thatā€™s 51 Rā€™s available for votes. Hmmmā€¦

15 Likes

Countdown starts now. :joy:

Just kidding. Any minute now, Moscow Mitch will decide itā€™s okay to vote from home after all.

17 Likes
19 Likes

In one ear and out the other.

5 Likes

Further south. Much.

12 Likes
7 Likes

Exactly.

And given the extraordinary time of war in which we now find ourselves, each Republican vote will now count as two Democrat votes.

14 Likes

Honestly, thatā€™s all there has been time for, and studies of this sort are good for pointing out areas for further research. Period. You (I) cannot use them to guide treatment decisions. And anybody who takes medical advice from Il Douche is an idiot.

16 Likes

But that would need to go to a vote. Change the rules?

5 Likes

I donā€™t know why Mitch decides anything. The majority leader of the Senate wasnā€™t even a thing until the early 20th century. It should be the President Pro Tem of the Senate. Someone poke Grassley to see if heā€™s still breathing.

Once Mitch is gone, they really need to review the Senate rules. One guy, whose job isnā€™t in the Constitution, shouldnā€™t be able to block bills from the House or judicial nominations from even being considered like that.

18 Likes