Ongoing coronavirus happenings

23 Likes

Oh good, it’ll finally be easy to draw in vector.

8 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-24/fauci-disappears-from-white-house-after-contradicting-trump

11 Likes

Ok ok I am listening to the radio and Fauci is speaking right now, at a press conference featuring ThatHorribleOrangeMan. So at least we know Dr. Fauci is still alive and has a job as of 24 Mar 2020, 5pm (1700) US Central Time.

ETA:

6 Likes

‘Where’s Fauci?’ America panics as doctor absent again from White House briefing

Wat?

The Guardian doesn’t usually go with hyperbolic headlines. America is not panicking over that. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

for once, trump is telling the truth. i did some research and this time last year south korea hadn’t even managed one single test. compare that to the usa where we’re now able to do hundreds of tests a day. it’s obvious we’re ahead of the curve

/s

10 Likes

Don’t know if anyone posted this yet, but @docosc and everyone with a medical background: recommended.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.15.20036707v2

tl;dr: it is likely carriers get infectious in the mean by 2.5 days before they have any symptoms. The authors’ models predicts that 44% of infections occur before the symptoms.

People, stay home. Break the chain. We don’t even realise if we are contagious.

16 Likes

Whoa, someone actually texted you in 2020? Oh, nvm, it’s just Boris Johnson, telling you to stay the f**k at home

9 Likes

It made me feel really special and like someone cared enough to reach out.

:roll_eyes:

15 Likes

Internet Archive opens National Emergency Library for shut-in students, commercial vendors agree

9 Likes

a co-worker of mine has been using “ride sharing” as the buses round here have gone wonky. apparently, uber and lyft are charging “congestion pricing” pretty much 24/7 - despite the fact ridership is down, and presumably available drivership is up.

the drivers, of course, aren’t seeing any of it.

11 Likes

Thank you, valuable context.

6 Likes

Asshole real estate developer is an asshole real estate developer.

Edit

15 Likes

It wasn’t supposed to be an instruction manual:

12 Likes

ENTs are just reporting this as a relevant symptom. Conjunctivitis has also been reported. Vicious bug.

23 Likes

Il Douche didn’t. That’s a really low bar, but Musk cleared it, so…

15 Likes
12 Likes
12 Likes

I would point out that the right is currently debating how many American lives, in terms of orders of magnitude need sacrificing to bump up the Dow. 10^3? 10^4? Maybe go with 10^5 or 10^6 just to be sure. These people are rapidly losing the right to call themselves “human.” :angry:

32 Likes

That’s because the truth dies in darkness. Trump is the dark lord.

5 Likes