Ongoing coronavirus happenings

any of a wide range of underlying health conditions – such as metastasized cancer, AIDS, “severe mental retardation,” advanced dementia and “severe burns” – could disqualify patients from being put on potentially lifesaving ventilators if a pandemic grows dire enough. And some people already on ventilators could be removed from them to make space for people impacted by the pandemic, according to the guidance.

Emphasis mine. This is eugenics. I am unaware of any evidence suggesting mental health or ability are in any way related to COVID-19 survival outcomes. Period.

27 Likes

I have a candidate for the next cluster

24 Likes

That is not about survivability, it is a list of undesirables who are better off dead. Straight up eugenics.

32 Likes

How anyone could read it otherwise is beyond me. It’s not even subtle.

18 Likes

What else can you expect from fucking Nazis?

18 Likes

16 Likes

I guess they could not actually put “excessive melanin content” in the guidelines, but that’s pretty much all that’s missing. Gays, “retarded” folks, check, check. Wonder if women are implied somewhere.

20 Likes

30 Likes

You want to see extreme desperation in action?

If you don’t die, it might work. You’ll be out of work for at least 2 weeks, so timing is important…
NO!! This is stupid!

29 Likes

Dang, that really is desperate.

Any chance that this therapy (below) could succeed as HCW prophylaxis?

6 Likes

Hmmm…possibly longer. Were you alive while LBJ was president? No? Me neither. Tricky Dick was pres when I was born. Doesn’t matter, because it’s been part of their “fuck everyone who isn’t born filthy rich” platform since at least 1960. You know, the first time Nixon ran for president.

@MalevolentPixy: And still, Mr. Kidd thinks this should be our ‘bug-out’ destination. Nope. Better off staying here, 10 miles from at least 3 large hospitals, including University of Michigan’s sprawling Ann Arbor medical campus. Seriously, takes up 6+ city blocks.

14 Likes
7 Likes

Okay, it is now past the point of natural disaster:

28 Likes

Yes, it can. Very expensive, significant risk of side effects, but can help. Convalescent serum is usually viewed as last ditch treatment for an infectious illness with no other options. Like, well, this one.

25 Likes

:thinking::open_mouth::fearful: We are in deep trouble!

18 Likes

Hey! We also needed South Korea to send us stuff with a promise of sending 10 units of business their way.

9 Likes

Well, this is reassuring…

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/feds-send-supplies-stockpiles-items-expired-officials/story?id=69770784&cid=clicksource_4380645_12_comic_strip_sq_hed

One box? Oh well…

12 Likes

They’re using cell phone locations to determine how well (county by county) the U.S. is maintaining the stay at home order.

You know the area they say is the safest and will be the last hit, like Wyoming and Montana? They’re currently at an “F” rating, so maybe not too many more days now.

10 Likes

“I need you to do me a favor though.”

“Privately”… right. :roll_eyes:

This quote FTA burns:

“It’s almost like we shouldn’t have used alliances as protection rackets, shaking down a close and highly-capable partner for $5 billion, imagining there would be no consequences for transactional unilateralism,” Mira Rapp-Hooper, senior fellow for Asia studies at the Council on Foreign Relations, commented on Twitter.

14 Likes

Shockingly, people who do not feel that they, personally, are threatened are far less likely to inconvenience themselves to protect others. By the time they are personally threatened, in this particular situation, it is far far too late to significantly affect the outcome. This is how exponential growth works.

20 Likes