Ongoing coronavirus happenings

all the graphs look like that, of course

take a zero off each number, that’s the graph from eight days ago

add a zero to each number, that’s the graph for next week

11 Likes

I know it’s not really new information that Trump supporters will gladly let millions of their fellow Americans die, but it’s still so disheartening to hear them say it out loud.

“It’s not going to kill the vast majority of the population,” he said. “People are hearing 3.4% mortality. They’re not hearing the 96.6% survival rate.”

And of course Hillary Clinton is still history’s greatest monster because her inaction allowed four Americans to die in Benghazi.

20 Likes

Looks like it worked out well for that guy.

1 Like

I’d like to see a graph of the average distance from a healthy person to an infected person

That one will be exponential too, but shrinking, the circle getting ever smaller

Eventually the call is coming from inside the house

6 Likes

FTA:

Truly the dumbest timeline. Every day this crisis continues, I’m at more and more of a loss as to what value the federal government is supposed to provide as it seems like these days any time a state or territory is asking for help, they are told in no uncertain terms to go fuck themselves.

It’s as if the federal government has become the world’s shittiest HOA.

20 Likes

No escaping this for those of us who live in large apartment buildings.

I plastic wrapped and taped the air vents and leave a window open for positive air pressure coming in - but still.

13 Likes

Trump said the federal government had already done plenty for Washington State.

THE FUCKER HASN’T EVEN RELEASED THE FUNDS CONGRESS APPROVED FOR US YET. FUCK HIM, and fuck CNN for utterly failing to mention it.

23 Likes

How long until a White House food prep/cook/server/ coughs on trump’s dinner plate?

11 Likes

“do me a favor though”

… or the classic mafia shakedown.

President Donald Trump says he’s willing to help blue-state governors who are struggling to contain coronavirus outbreaks — but only if they’re willing to stop criticizing him in exchange.

“It’s a two-way street,” Trump told Fox News on Tuesday. “They have to treat us well, also. They can’t say, ‘Oh, gee, we should get this, we should get that.’”

Trump continued, “New York must stop all of its unnecessary lawsuits & harrassment, start cleaning itself up, and lowering taxes.”

Trump’s invocation of “lawsuits & harrassment” was a reference to the state’s numerous lawsuits against his administration and also against Trump’s business, which is based in New York.

25 Likes

Thank you.

11 Likes
15 Likes

Oh, this time The Onion is so close to nailing it…

20 Likes

One again, Trump shows his stunning ignorance for how government works. If it were truly a two-way street, then hell, let’s just start withholding federal income taxes when we don’t get what we want from the government, right?

22 Likes

Fucking A. As a resident of Washington, I’m not exactly thrilled with Inslee’s overall response to the epidemic (in particular he should have given the shelter-in-place order weeks earlier than he did), but I’m glad to see him putting the screws to Trump.

20 Likes

17 Likes
16 Likes

“Those who oppose his son…”

So Rick Wiles has COVID-19, then? Because he certainly doesn’t follow the teachings of Christ.

18 Likes

Humanity may not be the disease, but boy howdy are there still a lot of pustulous boils in need of a good lancing.

15 Likes

Funny how a plague sent to punish the gays and the Jews seems to be picking off so many more Republican legislators than Democratic ones.

22 Likes

Worth re-posting here:

13 Likes