Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Typical Daily Mail style: Have someone write a good detailed factual article, and then give to a team to make sure that all the sensational nonsense fluff gets added.

(No, there are no Tom Cruise and John Travolta ‘special bunkers’, especially at that location.)

8 Likes

^ The Coronavirus Roman Candle

6 Likes

I feel like instead of getting a government, we got someone else’s toddlers foisted upon us to babysit for four years.

Can we use this as a “teachable moment” and convince them learning from their mistakes is a good thing?

20 Likes

What a fucking asshole. I assume this is about keeping churches (and gun stores?) open.

16 Likes

I just stumbled across this piece featuring Max Brooks. I found it interesting and informative. He knows a lot about disaster preparation!

20 Likes

Sure.

No.

10 Likes

Glad you shared this, will make sure Dad knows about it. He’s hunkered down, knows he’s surrounded by morons (south side of Tampa Bay) and doing the best he can to survive this virus. :disappointed:

11 Likes

And above all else, “Owning the Libs”.

9 Likes

Well, looking at the Johns Hopkins online tracker, they have a point.
Whether they are right I’d say the jury is still out, and it’s far too soon to tell.

Maybe. On the one hand, what’s happening now exposes systemic problems in a way that is hard to ignore. On the other hand, humans are really good at falling back into established patterns and rationalizing that successfully with the flimsiest of excuses. We’ll see. It should be the chance to set the odd wrong right.

4 Likes

I’d rather they all be yanked from office and replaced with competent actors, but you do what you can.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, Joe Biden and Angela Merkel will totally prioritize remaking our broken economic systems into equitable and resilient people-first economies.

6 Likes
5 Likes

That’ll be a no-win situation. Either they’ll deny or downplay that masks might be a good idea, or they’ll kick off another mask-grabbing frenzy that’ll hurt medical workers.

7 Likes
13 Likes

Merkel will be out of office by then, and Biden won’t make it into office.

3 Likes

I think he forgot the /s.

6 Likes

wow, reusing CPAP machines–kinda genius:

7 Likes

Wasn’t specifically my point, and they actually did list shortage among their actual cogent concerns.

1 Like
13 Likes

33 Likes