Ongoing coronavirus happenings

29 Likes

Solely to add motivation with a visual:

7 Likes
12 Likes
11 Likes

This thread:

Expect to see many more as people are trying to figure out how to mourn without our traditional social mourning structures. And also as a reminder that itā€™s not just the rich and famous, but also the humble, decent and good that are being taken away too soon.

28 Likes
20 Likes

After bringing peace to the Middle East this should be easy.

It is at least plausible that, despite his horrendous lack of qualification for the job, the decrepit state of Trumpā€™s government is such that having Kushner run a cobbled-together coronavirus task force is the best available option right now.

16 Likes

???

Iā€™ve been noticing that very few of the rich n famous who get it actually die.

9 Likes

But those are the ones you see in the news.

6 Likes

In Ecuador, they are burning the bodies of their loved ones in the streetā€¦ This is the reality of now. Personally, I plan to stop the finger wagging as I am starting to feel like a petty child. I will wait untill the bodies are no longer piling up. I will now only think of what I can do to help, and leave the blaming and second guessing to other people and other times.

3 Likes

Not me. Maybe depends on what ā€œnewsā€ outlets you check in on? Iā€™m seeing a lot of stories like this one, in pretty mainstream places:

https://www.cnn.com/videos/health/2020/04/02/30-year-old-teacher-dies-coronavirus-luderer-camerota-newday-vpx.cnn

13 Likes

How? Didnā€™t you say earlier that you followed other wealthy people, by retreating to your well-stocked pied a terre? (Apologies if Iā€™m mistaking you for another commenter.)

4 Likes

Iā€™m not saying this isnā€™t happening but letā€™s just say this is not very well substantiated.

2 Likes

As the death toll from the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19 soars in the U.S. and statistical models predict more than 100,000 to come, conservative media personalities are pushing the ghoulish argument that the fatality statistics are ā€œinflatedā€ because they count people who died with the disease but also had underlying conditions.

mediamatters.org/fox-news/new-trumpist-coronavirus-talking-point-death-count-inflated

10 Likes

I just got it from my stepdad who is there. It is rather bleak. I asked if he read it or saw it. He answere he is currently ā€œsmelling itā€

5 Likes

How, what?

I think you will find that when that time comes, no one will remember all of the crimes, and all of our betters will tell us it is time to ā€œmove forwardā€, and forgive, and let bygones be bygones, until the next time, when it will once again be too soon until exactly the moment when it becomes too late.

All most of us can do right now is document the crimes, scream at the thieving businessmen, scream at the lying politicians, scream at the lying press, and make them afraid, because fear is all they understand, and only fear can make them behave nominally better.

18 Likes

I am only talking about myself. What I feel like now. Nothing more.

3 Likes

You wrote, ā€œI will now only think of what I can do to helpā€

Iā€™m wondering how youā€™re going to help.

4 Likes

I donā€™t know yet. I am not medical, this one is harder to help with than the Hurricanes I have been involvolved with. The point is I am going to focus on trying to find a way to help. I am not preaching. I am sharing, and to be honest, I am not sharing altruistically, rather for personal cathardic reasons. The call I just had with Ecuador then contrasted with the sight of what I have been saying on this thread just affected me rather strongly.

6 Likes