Ongoing coronavirus happenings

A good reminder that too much time on this thread is definitely unhealthy, and I take lots of breaks, many of them in these forums:

And of course:

Stay sane everyone.

21 Likes

Thank you, was wondering where all the unicorn chasers went.

8 Likes

The ā€œKill Grandmaā€ faction will claim that he must have had some kind of pre-existing condition. (Probably a pulse.)

7 Likes

For example, they only count people who were human beings. What about all those dog people? And cockroach people? None of them are dying of the disease, so the denominator the lamestream media is using is way too small.

Oh, and of course corporations are people too and none of them areā€¦umm, never mind.

7 Likes

Great analogy:

34 Likes

Hey fuckwit! Itā€™s their literal job!

When state, local, tribal, and territorial responders request federal assistance to support their response efforts, the stockpile ensures that the right medicines and supplies get to those who need them most during an emergency.

34 Likes

Note: Checking Amanzon, N95 masks will only be allocated to hospitals, etc.

It goes w/o saying that people should exercise caution and remain vigilant for bogus claims of N95 filtering capability. Painters, artists, and hobbyists may want to go through their (long-forgotten?) stash of related equipment for any remaining masks. I still have my rated 3M mask (used for spray painting some years ago), so Iā€™m going with that. That all said, the WH is not requiring that we all use such rated masks; just that we use whatever is available. ex: scarves

10 Likes

Standing in the back of the room again lobbing softballs

11 Likes

in places where everybody wears masks, itā€™s basically to keep people from sneezing and spitting on each other, not to filter virus particles

15 Likes

Understood. Yet people may wish to also guard against those who carry the virus and yet not wear any face covering. The WHā€™s pending direction is not mandatory. That is, there will still be unmasked carriers out there; my donning my N95 mask keeps me safer.

5 Likes

Remarkable clarity by Kushner:
ā€œWhat a lot of the voters are seeing now when you elect somebody to be a mayor, a governor, a president, you are trying to think about who will be a competent manager during a time of crisis, this is a time of crisis, and youā€™re seeing now some are better managers than others.ā€

12 Likes

Could someone insert big, cartoon question marks above Trumpā€™s and Penceā€™s heads?

6 Likes

Thatā€™s brilliant.

And another climate parallel.

17 Likes
8 Likes

President Bolsonaro says he is thinking of making a national call for a day of religious fasting against coronavirus.

14 Likes

Elon paving the way for a new generation of grifters:

9 Likes

Trump thinks heā€™s still a game show host.

138fc6f8779a155885cace08b1d7c4641360603dd5166c40920b3deb01992286

21 Likes

Thereā€™s an obvious reason why you donā€™t mobilize the full force of the federal government: theyā€™re not just starved financially, most donā€™t have the positions of power filled or the organizations stable enough to do something or are just some Trump toady. There is no full force of the federal government.

14 Likes
16 Likes

Iā€¦ I believe he thinks he could do it better.

20 Likes