Post your Pet or animal Pics (Part 1)

@jlw inspired me with his posts of that ridiculously cute Nemo. So, if you have some great pet or animal pics to share, post them here!

15 Likes

Brunhilde at six months.

Bruni at 9 years old (I think I’ve posted that one a few times)

20 Likes

Cop Dog, several years back.

19 Likes

Here’s my girl Sammy, all dolled up like Tammy Faye Barkker after an encounter with the face painting booth at my nephew’s birthday party.

33 Likes

Lady, a one-eared spherical cat emulator.

35 Likes

Better not let PETA see that :wink:

3 Likes

She was happy as a clam that day, largely because the party guests kept feeding her bits of other animals.

16 Likes

My guy Toby:

From a slightly different angle:

ETA: Tried linking them from Picasa, but I guess that went wrong. Reuploaded after saving to my machine.

20 Likes

I also have a video floating around of him chattering his jaw at about a million hertz in anticipation of breakfast, but I can’t seem to find it.

2 Likes

Princess Penelope Pricklepants

She has a blog, because of course she has a blog.

Oh, also, she was featured on BoingBoing once by luck of the flickr photo pool.

61 Likes

I’m getting grey circle/bars for your images :frowning:

2 Likes

You have got to be fucking kidding me

21 Likes

Re-uploaded, you should be able to see them now.

She’s the adorablest pet I’ve ever had. The setting her up in little sets and taking pictures part, that’s just me being a mutant.

13 Likes

Charlemagne, five months.

Charlemagne, two years.

20 Likes

Hmm, I thought that hedgehogs were related to porcupines, which are rodents, but it turns out they’re in Erinaceidae.

2 Likes

You get the biggest Internet High Five I can deliver.

6 Likes

Those are great photos. Can’t say I’ve had much experience with hedgehogs, but I had a cousin who used to own them as a kid. Maybe he mishandled them or something because they were entirely too bellicose to do this sort of thing with. They bit me every time I tried to even pick them up. Also they constantly bit my cousin as well. So I’m guessing something wasn’t quite right about the setup he had and the way he treated them.

3 Likes

Yep, they’re much more closely related to shrews and skunks than than porcupines. In the wild they live off bugs mostly and have sharp canines with tiny incisors - not really rodent-like once you see the teeth, though the mouse-ears are reminiscent of a rodent.

Speaking of mouse ears…

24 Likes

We have hedgehogs in our garden (along with red squirrels), but we just appreciate them from a distance.

6 Likes