Trump team knew Flynn was under federal investigation when they made him national security adviser

Or this (she really slept this way):

19 Likes

you put this in the pet pics thread right?

7 Likes

31 Likes

I’m so sick of this, but I just can’t look away. I guess that’s what you call a train wreck.

14 Likes

I had no idea there was one – nor do I know how to see what’s available. I’d RTFM, except I don’t know where that is, either. :confused:

3 Likes

here ya go

6 Likes

Done, thanks!

2 Likes

I can’t help but feel this presidency is going to end with a scene akin to the white Bronco going down the highway…

edit: Shoot, gotta get some popcorn to keep around the house…

16 Likes

I guess that’s better than the scene I keep picturing:

14 Likes

I don’t know, direct alien intervention? I’d take it.

11 Likes

Ya know what else they knew? They knew Flynn was a nut. Everyone knew he was a nut!

7 Likes

At this point, so would I; but sadly, that’s probably less feasible than impeachment.

>_<

I just meant the exploding government part.

3 Likes

I feel like that’s the best case scenario. No one gets hurt, except for maybe the guy driving the Bronco. I wish I were as optimistic as you.

1 Like

“Accelerating” is right. I feel like we’re living through the political scandal version of the Singularity.

14 Likes

Do all torties do this? A friend of mine had one and she slept like this a disconcerting amount of the time.

Back on topic…can we call it seditious? Not quite treason, but darn close.

5 Likes

I just meant as far as the “lame/crazy escape attempt,” or whatever that was, back in the day. This time it certainly has far greater consequences. Personally, I have all of my retirement in medium-term US securities right now. Somehow that feels safer than the market right now (see: today).

1 Like

The strategy for Democrats for '18 elections could be “we need the majority to start impeachment”

6 Likes

Right: why can’t this lead to Pence going down, too?

9 Likes

Why not? I’m pretty sure he has his own share of dirty little secrets; types like him usually do.

8 Likes

We all know basically who Trump is at this point, he’s never going to admit defeat. So, if it comes to hearings or being questioned on the witness stand in front of a grand jury he will go up there and give his typical half-assed answers, and then think he aced it. He will be tweeting about how “this whole impeachment thing is fake news”, and repeat whatever excuse Fox News tosses him as a lifeline. He will try and throw everyone in his staff under the bus, even if they have already testified against him or copped pleas (and I bet they will), and if he’s impeached and removed from office he will rail against everyone involved as “the REAL traitors”, and claim “America doesn’t deserve a President as great as me. Now you’re all screwed, America will never be great again!”

I don’t see how the GOP can let this go on. Simply saying “the media just hates Trump” only goes so far when there’s a new bombshell everyday. Remember: during the primaries a lot of GOP faithful did not want Trump, felt he was damaging the party, well. . . he’s still damaging the party, it was a pyrrhic victory. At some point they will need to throw him under the bus to save their own jobs.

18 Likes