Ongoing coronavirus happenings

11 Likes

You forgot your /s tag.

10 Likes

Only if /s is for sadness.

7 Likes

Some cautious optimism for Illinois:

13 Likes

I just sat thru a very sad and forlorn Seder. Zooming didn’t help either. Everybody looked so tired or exhausted.

Tired of this shit.

25 Likes

As usual, the scammers come out of the woodwork.

12 Likes

Perish the thought.

5 Likes

giphy

20 Likes
5 Likes

They forgot that masks have use by dates.

8 Likes

I suspect Peter Navarro has some involvement in these seizures. He’s Trump’s favorite toady at the moment, a total wack-job, and he’s probably using his authority as policy coordinator for the Defense Production Act for his Richelieu pardon. (“It is by my order and for the good of the state that the bearer of this has done what he has done. - DJT”)

He has been given the authority to order up products, block exports and claim goods made overseas by subsidiaries of American companies. He can also seize products from hoarders and price gougers and channel them to where they are most needed.

The same Mr. Navarro was behind the plan for stationing troops near the Canadian border, an idea which has since been discarded.

14 Likes

daily

Daily New Deaths in the United States

4 Likes
8 Likes
22 Likes
12 Likes

Chaotic PPE market

A consignment of face masks and personal protection equipment that arrived in Finland from China on Tuesday are not up to standard, according to the director of Finland’s National Emergency Supply Agency, Tomi Lounema .

The daily Helsingin Sanomat reports that when announcing the finding of the tests, Lounema described the market for personal protective equipment as “very chaotic”.

“There are very many different kinds of sellers. The goods they are delivering are not necessarily known brands, and it is not even known where they are manufactured. Prices are going up all the time. Deals have to be made quickly and payment in advance is demanded. This situation is quite different from the normal. The risks are huge,” Lounema told the press.

He continued by explaining that even though the documentation for consignments are in order, the goods are not what they should be.

“This same thing has happened elsewhere in Europe. Now it happened to us.”

11 Likes
15 Likes
12 Likes

Incompetence all the way down

20 Likes
27 Likes