Ongoing coronavirus happenings

The rules they are enforcing make total sense outside of the current pandemic. In the current context, it’s beyond self-defeating to not only try to prevent people from taking precautions to protect themselves and their patients, but punish them for doing so.

These hospitals need leaders to step up and make exceptions to the rules, not administrators to blindly follow them.

23 Likes

Reminds me of the story Rob posted this morning of the harassing cop ordering black shoppers to remove their masks. As a member of the public I don’t want to know why they are wearing masks, I want to know why the cop is recklessly risking everyone’s safety by not wearing a goddamn mask.

As far as I’m concerned, anyone preventing others from taking precautions is playing Russian roulette with all our lives and they are the immediate threat to our safety. The virus doesn’t GAF if you’re a cop, bureaucrat or patient.

21 Likes

My experience would suggest that way too many bureaucrats have spent so much time being taught not to apply common sense or rational thought but to blindly follow the rulebook that when the game changes (as it has) and the old rulebook no longer applies, many are just not constitutionally capable of adapting to the new situation. Some are and they suddenly look like heroes, but they are just able to see that this is not just a different game, but a whole different kind of sport. Like trying to apply the rules of badminton to MMA. Not working out well.

22 Likes
12 Likes
36 Likes

The GOP is doing a great job looking out for the elderly lately

10 Likes

AARP has been very quiet lately.

10 Likes
23 Likes

The grift is real.

22 Likes

The difference between the Trump administration and La Cosa Nostra is the mob stabs fewer of its own in the back.

23 Likes

And are promptly fired.

15 Likes
9 Likes

In light of today’s bad (but inevitable) news, if you have a little bit of padding (like me) consider using some of it to support people trying to inject sanity into the House and Senate. Who knows, maybe we’ll get lucky and bounce out a few of Joe Biden’s “good friends”. Anything to make him sad, short of getting a Republican elected:

https://secure.actblue.com/

10 Likes

Especially if they are going around shouting at people… all that spittle!

8 Likes

But I thought:

7 Likes

Well, this is fun

30 Likes

Are any of us really baffled anymore? I mean, I know the headline writers and columnists like to act like it.

16 Likes

Well, they are extremely stupid and unqualified people, so it’s entirely possible in their case.

I guess we’ll just have to count the hours before states start sending mercenaries in to protect their legally paid for PPE shipments from FEMA pirates.

What Orange Shitgibbon is doing here is so unbelievably illegal and immoral that it could only happen in the dumbest possible timeline. And Moscow Mitch will do nothing to stop 45’s reckless malfeasance.

17 Likes

Don’t worry, Joe Biden will make sure that they all pay for their crimes.

8 Likes