Ongoing coronavirus happenings

26 Likes

Holy crap, I am looking to book Airbnb stuff right now for my son’s end-of-college-year road trip. There’s no way we can pass for looking not-Asian.

I guess it’s sketchy cheap hotels for us, then!

Hoping this doesn’t portend discrimination and worse as we drive nearly the 4,000 miles roundtrip. Even my gringo husband has been called “swarthy” much of his life. Maybe we all need to be wearing MAGA hats as we drive through hostile territory…

17 Likes

That article was terrifying!

1 Like

Sucks that this is a Bloomberg article (he’s a putz!), but the article was informative.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-08/coronavirus-nears-fatal-tipping-point-when-lungs-are-inflamed

5 Likes
25 Likes

I don’t want to upset anyone- but I’m washing my clothes in the building laundry.

Call the ambulance if you don’t hear back from me.

20 Likes

Actual good news

15 Likes
13 Likes

#CompassionateCapitalism

8 Likes

Not a bad idea, sadly.

Also, look at VRBO, etc.

8 Likes

That nursing home is just a few miles from me. Another nursing home literally down the street from me just confirmed that one of their workers was diagnosed.

About the only (selfish) upside here this is most places are like ghost towns these days. There’s little traffic and not a lot of people around. I do worry about all the service and hourly workers that are at risk of losing their jobs or paychecks because of this.

11 Likes

I wish someone would ask Trump at what point does he becomes concerned ?

What needs to happen for him to be concerned ?

2 Likes

Nah, rabies isn’t survivable. They should be put down before they infect anyone else.

11 Likes

tenor

11 Likes

Yes! We use VRBO and HomeAway for whole house vacation options. With a big family, it’s not practical to use AirBNB on an individual room basis.

1 Like

He needs to become infected.

10 Likes

Ivanka and Sean Hannity on venitlators in the ICU

10 Likes

I found this, which might be useful when trying to understand the spread of the virus:

The infectious disease vulnerability index compares different countries’ ability to cope with an outbreak.

8 Likes

Now if someone in Drumptland had actually read that report instead of going, bah too many words, I’ll just go with my guts instead.

4 Likes

Thread:

11 Likes