Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Regarding the “HOW WILL WE PAY THIS BACK” sign; you can start paying back what you owe to the frontline health care workers by GOING HOME.

13 Likes

This is good advice. It’s almost like you’re kissing the inside of the mask. This works for me (along with pinching the mask to fit the bridge of my nose) even when I’m exerting myself running or biking. Note that this technique is for fabric masks. The semi-rigid masks like N95 have malleable metal nose bridges that should be formed to fit the bridge of your nose, and that should be sufficient.

6 Likes

“What Did Our Anzacs Die For?”

Beats me, but I know what a lot of them died from.

15 Likes
5 Likes

I need to rant: I am tired of seeing studies in which the percentages of comorbidities for COVID-19 patients are listed without also listing their prevalence in the general population. As an example, today in CBS This Morning they were taking about a study that said that 41.7% of patients with severe COVID-19 were also obese. This is the study:

What they failed to mention is what the rate of prevalence of obesity, and other comorbidities, is for the general population. I don’t know what the numbers are in the New York City area for the age and socioeconomic distribution of the patients that were studied, but for the United States the percentage of adults that are obese was estimated to be 39.8% in 2015-2016, with another 31.8% overweight, and those rates are increasing. When compared with the prevalence in the general population, the data point loses its significance. I have also seen the otherwise esteemed Dr. John Campbell commit the same sin in some of his videos, even asking for people to lose weight as a way to avoid a more severe outcome. I suppose that making people feel bad, ashamed, and scared about their health conditions is considered to be okay by some people. They should be more careful.

20 Likes

crown-elizabeth-thank-you

10 Likes

AOC-nope

10 Likes

I’m overweight* and have (very minor) asthma, and wondered if “PREEXISTING CONDITIONS” would be stamped in red all over my death certificate. FFS, as discussed in other threads, damn near everyone over the age of 40 in the US is on prescription statins, so, PREEXISTING CONDITIONS! It is absolutely an attempt to downplay the deaths, and also feed this idiotic idea of, “We can reopen The Economy (gratia plena), if we just keep the “vulnerable” at home!”

* Which is not okay. I really need to lose weight, and I’m not going to make any excuses for it.

16 Likes

This little weasel-faced scrote gets everywhere huh?
At today’s briefing the government refused to even acknowledge why the fuck this social darwinist is even allowed to attend these.

17 Likes

Between, frankly, the entire UK government (in the technical sense, rather than Parliament) and various Trump in-laws and larvae, that’s shaping up to be Time’s “Person of the Year”.

10 Likes

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/world-health-org-warns-against-immunity-passports-no-evidence-people-cant-be-reinfected

In a scientific brief, the health organization acknowledged that some governments have suggested conferring “immunity passports” or “risk-free certificates” to former COVID-19 patients who are proven to have antibodies for the novel coronavirus in their blood.

However, WHO noted, “There is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from COVID-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection.”

10 Likes

We do seem to be surrounded by shit gibbons and weasel-faced scrotes. :tired_face:

6 Likes

Take on Trumps comments in the context of trolling (thread):

21 Likes
18 Likes

Ironically, that is the same day I’m leaving NC.

2 Likes
16 Likes
10 Likes

This is the first time unbob_the_lesser has posted — let’s welcome them to our community!

Good first post. :+1:

15 Likes

I think there’s a fourth path to dealing with this crap and she sort of acknowledges it as well by mentioning comedians: mockery and impeachment of your opponent’s credibility. It’s hard to do in many cases, but in the case of Trump, I feel that mockery works well. One doesn’t engage him directly (so it’s not a “debate”), but since he’s such a thin-skinned, weak-willed, predictable person, it’s well within the realm of possibility to manipulate him into contradicting himself or to put him into a position where he works against his own interests.

8 Likes

In the White House
The full-of-shite house
The liar tweets tonight

12 Likes