Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Thank you.

8 Likes

11 Likes
8 Likes

yeah. the store has shifted our hours around to limit that a bit, but the reality is – when so many customers are doing such big shopping trips: the shelves wouldn’t make it through the day without at least some stocking.

we’re limiting the number of simultaneous shoppers – so i think that helps. 4 kids and 1 parent would be about half the limit, and nobody wants to wait that long ( thank goodness. )

definitely have to remind myself of that daily.

it’s a mystery. broken into a jigsaw puzzle. wrapped inside a conundrum. both the state, and the state of testing.

basically, though, unless you’re admitted to a hospital ( or work in one ) here – you still can’t get tested. ( we’re theoretically essential workers, but not essential enough relative to the number of tests i guess. )

15 Likes

Uplifting news, anyone?

What shall we do with an ousted sailor?

Everywhere you stay at home, always take the weather with you:

20 Likes

Shave his belly with a rusty razor?

11 Likes

So when are we gonna start charging billionaires for hoarding money?

A lot of us could use some of that shit right now.

20 Likes

And there was much rejoicing. It’s amazing how he tries to spin it as, “I’m doing you guys a favor (record ratings!) and look at what you give me in return (hostility!).” Because he doesn’t do a single thing unless it benefits him in some way.

23 Likes

Important to interpret the “science-ese” here. There is no evidence for protective immunity following infection, largely because the studies have not been done thus far. They will be, but there has not been time. There is some slight evidence that protective immunity may, in fact, not be universal, as there have been folks who have recovered and then test positive again, at rates of 2-10% (or so) but the rate of false positives and false negatives are usually not discussed and it is not clear to me that these folks developed symptoms again, or why they were retested. Long story short, there so just so much we don’t know yet, and the public is not used to this much uncertainty in something this big and vital. Studies are under way, answer are coming, but for now we just don’t know.

29 Likes

This, unfortunately, is quite true. All the networks refused to cut off his Fireside Shats, even when they were incontrovertibly killing people, because all they give a fuck about are the ratings. All those cartoons about Trump gloating about ratings on top of a pile of corpses (minimum 50,000 friends, loved ones, parents and children at this writing) should have included all of the network bosses who willingly and knowingly rode his mushroom cock to better ad revenue from Lysol™.

Instead we have to wait for Donald f*****g Trump to do the right thing by accident, and there is not a single decent person in power standing between us and him.

And don’t think Zucker, et al aren’t begging and making promises to get him to come back right this minute.

That’s not entirely fair, often he does things purely because they hurt someone else.

21 Likes

Is that yours? I haven’t laughed so hard in days. I thank you, good person. Take my ‘like’.

18 Likes

I would be shocked if I was the first person to come up with it.

Meanwhile, Trump prefers veterans who don’t get sick:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/fema-diverted-masks-from-veterans-hospitals-va-official-says

16 Likes

I knew there was something I liked about you.

4 Likes

Is he going to go eat worms? Because I’m okay with that.

5 Likes

Speaking of which, can you remind me which bodily fluids are a transmission risk? Asking for a friend:

9 Likes

I would at least feel a twinge of sympathy for the worms.

5 Likes

If they’re the same ones eating his brain, they certainly don’t have any taste.

7 Likes

Most of them? Your very… excited… friend looks to be covered appropriately, though.

7 Likes

Just remember that even with a mask, one should maintain a 6 furlong distance.

11 Likes
17 Likes