Ongoing coronavirus happenings

I guess it was really only a matter of time before economic circumstances drove Musk to go full Trump.

13 Likes

I don’t when think it’s a matter of circumstance, he’s been steadily careening into narcissistic separation from reality for a while now.

11 Likes

Wait, what? Really?

1 Like

Word, Leverage’s reboot is quite timely, given the current level of unbelievable fuckery…

9 Likes

I said it before: Bezos, the Waltons, the Weston family, etc… all of them sell things people need. They’re not panicking in this pandemic, because business is fine.

Musk went after the luxury market. A market that – unlike food and delivery of goods – isn’t considered desirable when people are staying the fuck home. Sure, when you could feel superior in a world when everyone was driving everywhere, but now? And all his other hobby businesses cost money.

So, he’s panicking. He’s not the golden boy, anymore. People can see he’s just a dillitante playing with grandaddy’s money. Hence the need to do what every fraud does: outrageous things to distract from the truth.

20 Likes

Looks like there is something specific, since identical twins are discordant with fraternal twins. It may be one gene making a difference. Maybe an x-linked trait?

More men die, but that would have come out in this study as a difference between male and female identical twin pairs.

This looks like the pre-print abstract:

8 Likes
7 Likes
9 Likes
3 Likes

667… The Neighbor Of The Beast.

11 Likes

I like this one:

But, how does one eat crab? or drink beer?

13 Likes

Not quite:

981850.jpg

(I actually have this series, in paperback. Bought it in college.)

13 Likes

Ha! Good old Lionel Fen! I read a bunch of his books back in the day.

3 Likes

Every time I use that one I thin to myself ‘But the actual neighbor’s address would be 668’ but that doesn’t feel as funny as only being incremented by one.

7 Likes

Well, the across-the-street neighbor of the Beast, anyway.

14 Likes

A nice reminder to remain focused on reality but not at the expense of keeping ourselves supported:

13 Likes

the across the street neighbor in the states at any rate

11 Likes

Hey you theater types needing revenue

2 Likes

18 Likes

Anybody else seen these?

All I can say is nopenopenopenope…

20 Likes