Ongoing coronavirus happenings

A round up of worrying headlines today:

Second wave of infections appears as Iran pulls back on lockdown:

Relevant graph-

Brazil continues to see surge with nearly 12,000 new cases in 1 day:

1 in 5 American workers have been made unemployed in the past months:

And Peru begins to run out of medical oxygen as the country tackles Covid-19 and Dengue fever at the same time:

14 Likes

This is what happens when there is no leadership.

12 Likes

https://www.wxyz.com/news/royal-oak-commissioner-kim-gibbs-apologizes-after-allegedly-shoplifting-at-local-meijer

“ Royal Oak Commissioner Kim Gibbs, who has been in recent news for participating in the protests against the governor’s stay-home order in Lansing, is apologizing for shoplifting at a local store.

The incident happened May 6 at a local Meijer. Gibb’s attorney, Charles Semchena, Jr., released a statement on Gibb’s behalf, saying that the commissioner made a “serious indiscretion,” which was brought on by stress due to the backlash from her attendance at the Lansing protest and the snowball effect it has had on her.”

11 Likes

More on the meat packing glitterati

8 Likes

I would love to think those creatures were capable of feeling stress or concern of any kind about their actions. But like most of the things I’d love to believe, it’s bullshit.

5 Likes

It’s a jungle out there.

10 Likes

So the Rockefellers are behind the conspiracy? Wow, this takes me back to the conspiracy theories of my childhood. How quaint!

2 Likes

My impression from the grocery store tonight…

There were people wearing masks, some improvised, but lots not wearing one. I also noticed that the people without didn’t take distancing seriously, or ignored it. Ontario isn’t anywhere near opening up. Doug Ford, praise zen!, is talking about a gradual opening up, with lots of guidelines and rules.

I think that a lot of people have jailbreak fever, caught from Trumpland, or reports from Europe of places weeks ahead of us testing those waters. They think that soon we’ll be back to normal, not realizing that opening up means being even more careful to compensate for less self-isolation.

Ugh, this will be a tragic mess. I think I’ll start shopping at 8am.

7 Likes

I’m sure that they really mean the (((Rockefellers))).

6 Likes

I remember in the 60s that the one thing that the extreme right and left could agree on was that Rockefeller was the root of all evil, trying to create a world government in which all regular people would be slaves. This was stuff right out of the Protocols, with the antisemitic bits lightly whited out. (And then people associated with him did create the Trilateral Commission; make of that what you will.)

3 Likes

(The Norwegian health department spokesperson suggests that elementary children have spread the virus less while in school than at home, because they are more structured in school. For context, we are in the 2nd week of Norway’s careful reopening of elementary schools.)

2 Likes
9 Likes
10 Likes

So, it’s the Libs’ fault yet again.

Edited to add, because I’ve already got two posts in a row…

From the excuse she gave at your link:

Recently, I had to choose between insulin and food, and I chose the insulin, which helps me stay alive; however, that left extraordinarily little money for food after paying for medical insurance and insulin.

So, this means she’s going to vote a straight Democratic ticket this November, right? Right???

13 Likes

12 Likes

Yep, Purplecat is really Upton something there.

15 Likes

Like a preacher, they really make the Sin Clair.

15 Likes

Thread.

13 Likes

Now “in stereo”.

Reuters: Malaria drug touted by Trump for coronavirus fails another test

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/health-news/malaria-drug-touted-by-trump-for-coronavirus-fails-another-test/ar-BB13KQ4Z?ocid=spartanntp

14 Likes
9 Likes