Ongoing coronavirus happenings

Well, yes. But I was thinking about employment. There are going to be two differing opinions…get’r done, and wait and see.
Can the wait and see-ers be forced back to work?

13 Likes

I’m one such person; if my job tries to force me back before it’s reasonably “safe,” I will take legal action.

18 Likes
12 Likes
20 Likes

:thinking: if :joy: or :cry:

11 Likes

A little bit on the nose.

11 Likes
6 Likes

In a press release, the Nogales government states that the cleansing solution is biodegradable and protects from “any virus or bacteria, including Covid-19” for up to 24 hours.

They got sold a scam. Viruses carried by humans don’t work that way. You cleaned their skin and clothes, but meanwhile it’s reproducing internally.

Stuff like that is great for inanimate objects like mail. Not so much the biological factories the virus actually needs in order to grow and spread.

12 Likes

Well, if there’s one thing Nogales has in spades, it’s definitely tunnels…

2 Likes
24 Likes

Nice rant! NSFW

12 Likes

short answer: yes.

that’s the whole deal with georgia. if they reopen, then they don’t have to pay unemployment if you decide not to show up to work.

14 Likes
14 Likes

So why is she showing a house?

My sitch is different in that I’m working from home, and its been demonstrated that there is no need to risk going into the office in order to get the job done.

We get numerous emails from corporate, raving about “how well we’re doing in these tough times,” despite the difficult circumstances, how the company is hitting its’ goals, and how “proud they are of everyone for buckling down…” and I carefully save each one, just in case I should ever need them as evidence.

27 Likes

Why not? It can be done safely.

Many realtors are scraping by, as worried about not being able to pay their bills or about losing their house or apartment as many others are.

8 Likes

My 7x year old mom got a call from the real estate agent in the area 2 months ago, explaining to her how they were going to do showings “safely” by having potential customers wear masks. I explained to my mom she had no cotrol over the customers, and it was not safe to do. That while the real estate agent needs to make a living, and that is what is motivating her, she is not a medical professional, nor scientist.

Because she’s putting her life above the impact on others, and then blaming the clients she dragged in.

5 Likes

This isn’t the fucking time to sell a house. (She (My mom) also wants to have rental properties at the next place she moves to. Ha. Yeah. Maybe something to be rethought.)

1 Like

I’m not even sure what I’d be doing right now without the expanded clause for the self-employed in the CARES act. Dog bless the Congress critters who went to bat for us.
Just don’t make us have to be beholden to the corporate class in order to get some relief. That’s all I ask.

13 Likes

I do want to get thoughts on this though. How is the safety being enforced? Who’s liable when it isn’t? Is liability all we should be concerned about, or are there
deeper moral issues?

2 Likes