Ongoing coronavirus happenings

I spent an hour or so in phone conference with my church about this, and one of my concerns was liability should something go wrong. Legal consultation called for.

9 Likes

We’re living in a time where “civilians” are suddenly being asked to police their fellow citizens without training or compensation, and assume all of the risk if they fail.

4 Likes
10 Likes

The factory is worried that Trump presents a health risk to the workers.

19 Likes

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/bothsidesism-stalks-the-new-york-times

5 Likes

Interesting, didn’t know that Warren Buffet’s son was a racist piece of shit using his money to fuck up our state.

5 Likes
16 Likes

I’m sorry to her about your mother’s situation, and I hope she can feel safe.

I would hope the safety is being enforced by requiring people to wear masks or they can’t go in, don’t touch anything, wear gloves, etc. How is that being enforced? Right. I don’t know, but yes, it’s a lot to put on a realtor.

Maybe only show houses in which people have already moved out?

It does seem that homeowners who are doing the selling know the risks, but yeah, people coming into the house could be bringing the virus back out, or in with themselves.

Do states have specific rules about this? Is home selling an “essential” business? I don’t know, and I’m sorry I don’t have answers for you.

12 Likes

At least around here, the only homes being shown are those where no one is living there.

11 Likes
3 Likes

Sounds much like listening into my husband’s work meetings, actually.

9 Likes

That “Wuhan lab” conspiracy theory is ancient! (February is ancient, right?)

February 3, 2020:

13 Likes

And really not just the U.S…

34 Likes

That’s your question? Not why is she doing a self-filmed rant while driving?

Thanks. To be clear too, I wasn’t calling you out specifically. I was just trying to say these are really difficult questions that people who generally don’t work dealing with threat assessment are suddenly being left to manage themselves.

Maybe only show houses in which people have already moved out?

That seems safest of all, of course. I will say personally, with my mother, that isn’t an option but she thankfully doesn’t need to sell right this moment.

Is home selling an “essential” business?
My personal opinion would be that if the house were going to someone who is currently homeless than by all means, otherwise, I’d really be interested in hearing the case for it being essential.

The question about states having rules is a really good one and fits most in line with what I think really set me off about the video. The responsibility is being pushed down to the bottom, and she can be livid as heck with her clients for screwing up, but that changes nothing for the homeowner that they visited if someone was infected.

2 Likes

Well, yes. How many other cars are on the road now anyway? :wink:

2 Likes
5 Likes

Since deleted without comment, but man, the masks are coming off all over the place, huh?

21 Likes

Oh, trust me. His mask has been off for a while. He has long demonstrated that he firmly believes in “Fuck you, I’ve got mine.”

16 Likes

“Everything I do, I do it for me.”

24 Likes