Ongoing coronavirus happenings

WaPo: Infection rates were climbing at Nebraska meatpacking plants. Then health officials stopped reporting the numbers.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/infection-rates-were-climbing-at-nebraska-meatpacking-plants-then-health-officials-stopped-reporting-the-numbers/ar-BB13ZBxP?ocid=spartanntp

15 Likes

I wonder how Kentuckian MM will explain this to his “taker state” constituents.

8 Likes

Thread:

Oh, and having universal health care, unless it is truly universal and pays for all health care related costs, will not eliminate any financial hit, and you’ll still be left with the rest of the suckage. So stay the fuck home.

20 Likes

Valuing shopping over life? What?

didnt george bush jr say after 9/11 keep shopping?

that was the solution when faced with the previous “invisible enemy” – just continue life as normal. don’t make any sacrifices. don’t make any changes. don’t adjust, just double down.

it doesn’t matter that both terrorism and the coronavirus have roots in american consumerism and expansionism. ignore all that, and go about your business.

and hey, it feels good to spend doesn’t it? even when you’re in debt already, or don’t have a job.

freedom is shopping.

13 Likes
8 Likes

Yep. But if you can’t even say why you should vote for the other guys and fight for it - even if you’re going to lose - why should I vote for you? Because you want to do nothing for me?

Also - it’s past time that this side started pushing the Overton Window.

9 Likes

36 Likes
13 Likes

according to ars, they plan to test all of the 11 million people living in wuhan. in the next ten days.

21 Likes

As always, Randall nails it.

Hey, Randall, if you are reading this: an upgoer-five style explanation of the pandemic for decision makers could be helpful right now. But then, it would also need to be broadcasted by FOX and the likes of Alex Jones, sadly. Otherwise it would not reach the White House.

20 Likes
11 Likes

Germany should reconsider its position on walls. America isn’t sending our best.

9 Likes
8 Likes

Nah, we’re good.

6 Likes

You know how far righters love to talk a big game about defending people’s rights to defend their own property & families? Well take a gander of what went down here…

14 Likes

China, too.

18 Likes

Un-fucking-real. Literally mafia management. “Nice state you got here. Be really sad if something happened to it, eh?” Gotta steer money away from democratic states… Even just saying that out loud is criminal!

21 Likes

Nobody has any intention of building a wall.

7 Likes

Tasmania just hit six consecutive days with no new Covid detections, BTW.

Total detected cases remain at 225, total deaths 13.

17 Likes

He is a not-White. He shoved a White. Obviously he doesn’t know his place. Not-Whites have no right to defend themselves as against Whites! :face_vomiting:
Honestly, the “victim” said it all when he said he did not believe the apartment was actually a home, but a front for election. Pizzagate shooter, anyone? Seems to me this guy had every rigjt to reasonably fear for his and his family’s safety.

19 Likes