Ongoing coronavirus happenings

14 Likes

Thatā€™s entirely depressing.

6 Likes

Cuomonism?

I always suspected that Pinkerton was an album influenced by the Communist Manifesto!

2 Likes
15 Likes
21 Likes
8 Likes
10 Likes

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/a-note-from-new-zealand

TPM Reader CE checks in from New Zealand ā€¦

Just read your latest and was astounded to see that Slovenia has declared an end to their Covid epidemic. Iā€™m not sure what sort of epidemeologists are advising their government, but at least from an animal health point of view I would never call that an ā€œendā€ or ā€œeradicationā€. Theyā€™re certainly in the elimination phase, butā€¦

7 Likes
3 Likes
10 Likes

I used to live two blocks from that hospital I canā€™t say I had a super awesome experience the one time I went to that ER some 20 years ago.

I had an absolutely excruciating sore throat - comparable in pain to when I had strep. Maybe a good 8 on the pain scale. I hadnā€™t had more than a few hours sleep over 3 days and at around 2 am I said fuck it. I didnā€™t care that I didnā€™t have health insurance at the time. I needed something done.

I go to the ER and am stuck in the waiting room for hours. After getting understandably cranky (but not belligerent) about this Iā€™m rudely informed that my ā€œsore throatā€ just doesnā€™t compare to the gunshots and car accidents being worked on before me. I mean, excuse the fuck out of me for not having any way to know about whatā€™s going on behind the scenes, you know? So, finally I see a doctor for two minutes who sends me on my way with two codeine and a nearly $2000 bill.

And even that shitty experience seems like a luxury vacation by comparison to that Twitter thread. Good grief.

18 Likes

So much this. I have been diagnosed with CFS but as itā€™s not really understood or really treatable Iā€™ve been told dismissively to be more active and all that. Itā€™s like, how the fuck am I supposed to be more active when Iā€™m fucking exhausted all the time and get zero enjoyment out of it to begin with. Donā€™t get me started on the mental fatigue of a dayā€™s work.

I totally get it.

17 Likes

adopting clown memes
just like pepe

12 Likes
1 Like
8 Likes

Darn Cubs. Havent won a game all year. On the other hand the White Sox are undefeated. Go Sox!

11 Likes
4 Likes
13 Likes

Music to my south siderā€™s ears!

7 Likes

Saturday, May 16, 2020

Killing Our Great Veterans

Remember their plan was to flood all the hospitals in New York and New Jersey with this and make them give it to patients because someone told our big wet boy it would solve his problems and people like Elon Musk were pushing it.

A study of Veterans Affairs patients hospitalized with the coronavirus found no benefit and higher death rates among those taking hydroxychloroquine, researchers said last month.

More than 27 percent of patients treated with hydroxychloroquine died, and 22 percent of those treated with the combination therapy died, compared with an 11.4 percent death rate in those not treated with the drugs, the study said.
Sucking up to Trump by killing people.

Concern is mounting after a doctor at a Texas nursing home started giving the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine to dozens of elderly patients diagnosed with COVID-19 and tracking the outcomes in what heā€™s calling an ā€œobservational study.ā€

Atrios at 08:00

12 Likes