Ongoing coronavirus happenings

That rarely happens to me. :wink:

8 Likes

welpā€¦

From Dirty South Soccer:

8 Likes

I wonder what the ā€œwhite stuffā€ was.

8 Likes

Money printing machine goes brrrrr. :expressionless:
Fed announces over $1 trillion liquidity operation as bond market churns

8 Likes
9 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s been running strange all day today.

Hmmmmm who doesnā€™t want real info out there? Could it be? ā€¦

ā€¦ trump?

8 Likes

Ontario just closed schools for two weeks (three since next week was scheduled March break anyway). One more day of school and thatā€™s it for three weeks! (This is around 2M children)

7 Likes

Asked about this yesterday. Yeah, conspiracy fans unite!

5 Likes

Add us to the list!

7 Likes

My brain just mangled together ā€œGov Northamā€ into ā€œGothamā€ and I was worried for bat man.

6 Likes

Pressure-swing adsorption oxygen generators are extremely simple and cheap to make if you have a compressor and the flow rate would be more than adequate. Itā€™s also way safer because thereā€™s no hydrogen involved. As @anon68287401 said, electrolysis is not the way to go due to current consumption. Also, such generator can be used for fun projects like thermal lance after the epidemic.

8 Likes

Well, that just about sums up my reaction as well.

14 Likes

Meanwhile:

22 Likes

Ah, keeping the eye on the prize for what truly matters.

14 Likes

I was looking into that, but I donā€™t think I have the materials for the sieve bed filters.

4 Likes

Good idea. If people havenā€™t cancelled their March-break trips, the kids will have two weeks of ā€œquarantineā€ before going back to school. (Hopefully no one extends their trips another two weeks.)

Meanwhile, down southā€¦

15 Likes
7 Likes

Rep. Katie Porter did a magnificent job getting the director of the CDC to pledge to cover the costs of testing for Covid-19:

21 Likes

National Geographic has shut down. Campus closed till the end of March.

When Explorers bail watch out.

12 Likes
7 Likes