Ongoing coronavirus happenings

6 Likes

I hope that they go home, get sick, die and never return.

Coffins would be held in quarantine so no state viewing.

6 Likes

sanders keeps texting me to give him money. kind of wish heā€™d use his list to endorse a few charities right about now.

that said the bill the house introduced seems actuallyā€¦ pretty decent. seems like they are actually trying to address things

justā€¦ you knowā€¦ donā€™t blow yourself up or anything. k?

10 Likes

Ohā€¦ANOTHER reason to hate Susan Collins.

4 Likes

Republican zombies?

ew

8 Likes

I dare you to find the difference between living republicans and the actual undead.

Iā€™ll wait.

:sunglasses:

7 Likes
4 Likes

Might be real:

5 Likes

Traditionally the kickoff for DC tourist season. The city of DC will take a hit this year as will surrounding hotels, restaurants, etcā€¦

Oh, and in case anybody was concerned ā€œOut of an abundance of caution and until further notice, White House tours have been canceled.ā€ The National Park Service has confirmed.

6 Likes
6 Likes

33 Likes

The stock markets today are tanking once again. I guess investors really didnā€™t like what Trump had to say. What a weak sauce address from him and what a missed opportunity. A smart person would have said, ā€œIā€™m declaring a national state of emergency and am directing x billion dollars toward setting up FEMA outposts in every major US city to lighten the load on hospitals and doctorsā€, ā€œwe will set aside x billion dollars to provide relief for those that canā€™t work and to help prop up small businesses forced to shut down during this timeā€, and other things. But instead he had another cheerleading session and then announced stupid travel restrictions and some sort of payroll tax holiday (which will do what, exactly for people who canā€™t work?). What a fucking waste of oxygen. People want facts and action, they donā€™t want more bullshit and thatā€™s all we got. The last dip could have been blamed on the Saudi oil war, but todayā€™s dip is all Trump.

Meanwhile the Washington governor took actual fucking action yesterday. Iā€™m pissed that the Negativland show I was planning on attending later this month will almost certainly be postponed/cancelled but Iā€™m glad to see somebody taking decisive action to try to contain this shit. Especially since my area is the hardest hit in the US thus far.

So fucking pissed right now.

23 Likes
19 Likes
6 Likes

BTW, this is pretty much how youā€™d feel at the business end of a ā€œrobust interrogationā€.

6 Likes

Good News Italians!!!

13 Likes

Non-paywalled link to the article:

6 Likes
11 Likes

Well, thatā€™s sweet of them. More helpful than anything Trump has proposed!

6 Likes

Good. Those visitors could have been at risk.

8 Likes