Ongoing coronavirus happenings

I don’t know who this guy is but I like his clear message.

16 Likes

Juergen Klopp, manager at Liverpool. He’s…let’s just call it “outspoken.”

8 Likes

Kloppo says what’s what.

ETA:
Probably the only guy I can tolerate getting hair implants - but let’s not forget: this was just before the problems started at Dortmund, eventually prompting Kloppo to leave and go to Liverpool.
Coincidence? I don’t think so.

3 Likes
9 Likes

I think the trouble is you need about 2 litres a minute. Work out what current you’d need to split that much H2O and what current you can draw from a wall socket…

6 Likes
5 Likes

Well this makes good sense, right?

9 Likes
25 Likes

It is doable with a catalytic electrode. In a pinch, I can get the necessary metals from a car exhaust. Cleaning those metals sufficiently, now that’s a trick.

6 Likes

1 Like
9 Likes

An interesting turn of phrase from the assistant director of the University of Washington Medicine Clinical Virology Laboratory, Alex Greninger, on why they have to validate tests against inactivated virus rather than bare viral RNA:

Greninger explained that spiking viral RNA into patient sample matrix does not make a good validation material, especially for limit of detection calculations, because it is quickly broken down by RNAses. “There is a reason viruses are encapsulated. … Snot is full of RNAses,” he explained.

7 Likes

We have the same phenomenon in the UK. The idiots who voted to Leave the EU, and voted in Boris Johnson the Clown, “believe” so hard that they’re more than willing to forego safety protocols and run with the danger.

The net impact may well end up being the striking down of significant numbers of right-wing voters.

The libertarians may well get their cull - and it may well bias strongly towards their own base. Hah! Eugenics, eh? Nature always finds a way.

5 Likes

More ugly news:

8 Likes

Unfortunately, they’re going to give it to other people, too, so it’s not just them facing the consequences of this.

4 Likes

map

nytimes.com/interactive/2020/world/coronavirus-maps.html

5 Likes
15 Likes

3 Likes

At 2L/min, those won’t last very long.

3 Likes

But do you need that much to supplement? Take a breath - 4 regular breaths.