Ongoing coronavirus happenings

It will interesting to see if 'murican NASCAR is affected in a similar way.

3 Likes
10 Likes

Sensible. You don’t want probably infectious people making a beeline to doctors’ offices just to get a note.

13 Likes

…and yet the fogies on the right who are at the most risk of getting seriously ill will still continue to think that all he said in that minute long video is too radical :anguished:

11 Likes

Who the heck asks for doctors notes for class absences at the university level? I only require documentation for absences for exams.

Today was the first day of U of Oslo’s move to all-digital classes. Things like research seminars were supposed to be canceled, but my group met anyway because we’re all idiots so dedicated.

6 Likes
2 Likes

So now this is a thing.

Facebook posts claiming bovine coronavirus vaccine “proves” that there is a vaccine and we are just letting people die. I feel like I am trying to put out Australian brushfires by peeing on them. And its still way early.

21 Likes
7 Likes

Well, cuz Trump is a self-serving racist, of course. But officially, it’s bc the UK isn’t in the Schengen Area. Other European countries like Ireland* and Croatia are exempt too, because they aren’t part of the Area. Flying out of Moscow? Come on over!

* Another place with a Trump resort

ETA: whoops, @LutherBlisset already covered this.

10 Likes

This virus is having a negative effect on the giant floating petri dish business

17 Likes

My university did. It was up to the individual teachers what their absentee policy was, of course, but they were free to penalize you for missing standard non-exam classes.

Had to show one professor a medical report. I regretted that I hadn’t missed class due to hemorrhoids.

15 Likes

Coming soon to a Florida near you!

7 Likes

COVID-19 Dominos…

4 Likes

Hey Doc, Va. schools are starting to shut down…

8 Likes

That is really pathetic

19 Likes

Ooops, thought we were all sheeple [for believing The Deep State]. Now cattle are somehow involved. So confusing! Hey conspiracy nutjobs, make up yer minds already!

Perhaps we have ourselves to blame because of previous publicity re zoonotic diseases like “swine flu” and “avian flu” etc. I can totally see the pretzel logic.

We are witnessing in real time the cumulative effects of decades-long gutted U.S. public school education “system” “curriculum,” including but not limited elimination of critical thinking pedagogy (lookin’ at you, Austin ISD) and the seductive outsourcing of any other “thinking” to all them shouty expert people on the tv, the Fb, etc.

May the gods and goddesses have mercy on us all.

11 Likes

Cheer or cringe? Both?

8 Likes

All public universities in Michigan have suspended in-person classes as of last night.

17 Likes

Not nearly enough. Not even close. Gonna keep waiting until people die.

12 Likes

Yup. I’ve already been considering what I could hack together to make an oxygen generator in an emergency, in case a family member needed it while the medical system was overloaded. Generating oxygen isn’t that hard using electrolysis; separating out the hydrogen safely is much harder, since most things that react with the hydrogen will also react with the oxygen, and then you’re back at the beginning.

7 Likes