Ongoing coronavirus happenings

12 Likes
7 Likes

Iā€™m sick of hearing about how this is Trumpā€™s Katrina moment. This is like Trumpā€™s Cuban Missile Crisis moment, and heā€™s no JFK.

Fuck the message. People need facts and guidance. What about this is so fucking hard to understand? Save the ā€œmessageā€ for the campaign. Oh yeah, I forgot, every day is the campaign for this fucking guy.

23 Likes
17 Likes

Alternative headline: how to convince your parents/grandparents to not perform viral harakiri because they take everything Fox News & conspiracy youtubers say as gospel

17 Likes

Iā€™ve been saying this for the last 2 weeks. We had a virtual conference today with the UVA big wigs. Amazing how many questions were answered with ā€œwe havenā€™t really thought that through yet.ā€ Not esoteric questions, but basics. We have seen this coming, but refused to do anything until it is on top of us. This is what I kept thinking:

17 Likes

This shithead is gonna get people killed

Bonus fact

18 Likes
4 Likes

The ā€œhold your breathā€ test rumor seems to be spreading faster than the virus. My dad heard that one from a relative, who had claimed it came from the CDC. I sent him the link to the Mother Jones story, and I hope he passes it on. Much to his credit, at least heā€™s not one to take bullshit lightly, and even though heā€™s almost 80, heā€™s kept his mental faculties.

10 Likes

Iā€™m already opting out of thingsā€¦ while Iā€™m in generally good shape, I still consider myself high-risk since I had pneumonia twice in the 1990s. One good thing about my not-so-well-paying job is that I and my co-workers can work from home.

9 Likes

Butā€¦ butā€¦ Trump saidā€¦???

16 Likes

WP opinion piece:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/opinions-trumps-oval-office-failure/ar-BB115UhK?ocid=spartanntp

4 Likes
2 Likes

I knew there was a reason I had to dye my hair purple this week!!

@smulder: Spot on about punks v. hippies.

@anon50609448: My county in Michigan just shut down all the public schools (50k-ish kids?) starting tomorrow afternoon until April 6 (or so we hope ).

@GoatCheezInfrno: Iā€™ve had pneumonia twice in the last decade. My 10 year old son has had it twice in the last 4 years. I am a smidge worried.

25 Likes
15 Likes

Sorry to hear thatā€¦ itā€™s no fun. I was very lucky that the Biaxin didnā€™t screw up my gut flora.

11 Likes
18 Likes

Sorry if this was already shared. The additional posts in the thread are even more horrific.

26 Likes
13 Likes

That means OUSD is next, probably.

4 Likes