Ongoing coronavirus happenings

In earlier, civilized societies, a king who had failed so spectacularly would fall on his sword. Or, be dragged into the street by his subjects and thrown upon it.

25 Likes

Shit. My coworker just told me he and his whole family have it. He’s remote, so I’m not concerned about myself. But I am super worried for him, his wife and their two babies. This thing is horrible!

Giant virtual hazmat suit hug for you!!! I am worried for you too. My goodness.

21 Likes

Data nerds, this one’s for you! (and everybody else, too).

25 Likes

attendance at “seminars” was appreciated, though I didn’t take more than one or two. Also, I went to a really small school.

1 Like
4 Likes

Please edit your post. Let it say it is for everyone, and also for data nerds.

This is by far the most important thing I’ve read all week.

ETA: moved my explanation why I think you should read this here.

Everyone, please read this long medium piece @MalevolentPixy linked. It’s worth your time.

11 Likes

Stiff upper lip! Blitz spirit!! Other generic phrase!!!

6 Likes

WaPo: Norwegian Cruise Line managers urged salespeople to spread falsehoods about coronavirus

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/norwegian-cruise-line-managers-urged-salespeople-to-spread-falsehoods-about-coronavirus/ar-BB115f3c?ocid=spartanntp

6 Likes

Chinese media reporting on the US response:

And US media seem to have changed their tone a bit regarding the Wuhan quarantine:

Apparently it’s no longer an emblem of evil Chinese authoritarianism.

18 Likes

Sage words from Dear Leader…

13 Likes

Norway is shutting down. Anyone entering the country from outside Scandinavia is supposed to go into quarantine; the Royal Family has just done so. Schools and daycare are closed, and of course this is a civilized country so the government is giving a “care allowance” to all parents staying home with their children.

20 Likes

Add Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando to the closings:

ETA: Some states are closing schools statewide.

And the Lincoln Park Zoo as well:

15 Likes
6 Likes

I can absolutely verify this.

11 Likes

Oh no. Fucking asshole is literally killing people so he can look better. Oh my god, I can’t even begin to express the rage I feel right now.

22 Likes

Ain’t No Mountain High Enough…

13 Likes

Britain is behind the curve

13 Likes

On the right, it is still party loyalty over survival.

17 Likes

source-8

I think we’re the Control Group.

20 Likes
17 Likes