Ongoing coronavirus happenings

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/editorial_cartoon/2020/03/12/theo-moudakis-drive-thru.html

theo_moudakis_drive_thru

13 Likes

That was a pretty lengthy interview I watched last night.

13 Likes

We donā€™t always suck.

21 Likes

About time. I expect some arsehole from the Tories to tell us itā€™s scaremongering or some other shit.

17 Likes

I live in a small town in Eastern Poland, and today local funeral house was unloading ridiculously large shipment of coffins. It really creeped people out.
Also, schools are closed since Thursday and people are buying out all non perishable food from the local supermarkets.

22 Likes

Best, most current advice (emphasis on ā€œcurrent.ā€ This will change)

20 Likes

Keep yourself safe. Iā€™ve had pneumonia twice in my life and each time it was terrible. And I have a history of respiratory infections beyond that so Iā€™m trying to do the same.

15 Likes
9 Likes
10 Likes

Some people just want. To. Seeā€¦

stops typing because the tears are flowing too hard

18 Likes

Right now the world doesnā€™t need any help in that area. Fuck it all, it is burning quite nicely.

20 Likes

What is weird is how quickly things changed here in Oslo. 10 days ago it was business as usual, people still going to concerts and bars and jamming the trains, with a few paranoid oddballs like me trying frantically to maintain social distance. (My natural conversation comfort zone is around twice the norm here.) Suddenly over the weekend people realized there was a problem. By Monday there were hand sanitizer shortages, on Wednesday the University announced that classes would be all-online starting Thursday (administration told the newspapers before they told IT!), then Thursday evening they shut the campus down completely.

15 Likes

Too bad the US response has been so horribly fragmented (due to malicious stupidity). Iā€™m glad to see more people taking it seriously, at least, but the time to act was January.

11 Likes

37 Likes

tenor-33

15 Likes

No kidding.

Iā€™m still scheduled to fly to South Carolina and give a talk in 2 weeks. Of course, that isnā€™t happening, but when I asked my hosts a few days ago (before the Schengen travel ban) whether they wanted me to cancel, they said it was up to me. (At that point SC had only had maybe a case or two, so what the hell, no concern necessary.) And SAS still hasnā€™t officially canceled my flight (so I canā€™t get my money back).

11 Likes

BT CEO tests positive for coronavirus, goes into self-isolation after meeting fellow bosses from Vodafone UK, Three, O2 plus govt officials

9 Likes

It comes for the rich and the powerful as well as the poor and the weak. Covid donā€™t give a fuck.

21 Likes

Iā€™ll bet he has a good broadband connection, though.

6 Likes

Some good news for a change:

19 Likes