Ongoing coronavirus happenings

guess I’m going on a diet again

13 Likes

This is so unbelievably shitty, only Trump could come up with it. Let’s get a vaccine, but keep it for ourselves! Profit! Even a Ferengi would kick his ass.

29 Likes

I think it shows how fundamentally Trump doesn’t understand what being the President is about. He still seems to imagine it’s just being the biggest CEO ever, and tries to run the country the way he’s been doing with Trump Org over the years.

21 Likes

If you mean “run into the ground” I agree.

25 Likes

That’s the optimistic version, assuming that he’d then sell the vaccine on. Equally possible would be an attempt to leverage the monopoly for geopolitical advantage.

You wouldn’t even need to go full active biowar with it; just withhold it from opponents of the empire and let nature do the rest.

20 Likes
16 Likes

This is interesting: In Italy they only test people who show symptoms of Coronavirus whereas in South Korea they have widespread testing independent of whether you show symptoms. Look how many 20-29 year olds they’re finding in South Korea and presumably missing in Italy. This is why I think the UK’s testing policy is deficient

13 Likes
21 Likes

Yes, social distancing is required.

But if you want the working class to stay home, somebody has to pay for their rent and food.

And no, that bullshit sick leave bill from last week is not a solution.

23 Likes

That’s more conservative by a factor of 2 even than my conservative math. I come up with about 2% of the population needing ICU beds. Not all at once, of course, but the peak of that curve will suck for many many people. There is just no way to get under the “line of saturation of resources.” Just no way to do it. Not in the time we have. The asshole on tv is talking about “thousands” of ventilators but wont discuss in detail. Great. That might be 0.5% of the need. Nice.I

27 Likes

The final solution to the non-American question? They’ve passed the tipping point into pure evil.

13 Likes

Man, this thread is driving me to drink!

Just went for a walk in the neighborhood and it’s clear that some people are hesitant to come to the ends of their driveways to chat. Self preservation is a bitch.

If trump and his cronies spent as much time thinking about how to best fight this stuff as they do thinking about how best to grow their portfolios we’d all be better off.

Cheers everybody…

OldFasioned002

18 Likes
22 Likes

This is so ironic:

Isn’t that what he has been doing for three long years already?

13 Likes
11 Likes

So fucked:

17 Likes

Great, let’s get even less money into the government coffers to help the people. This shows our economy is well and truly fucked now.

22 Likes
24 Likes

I honestly dont know if you can truly run out of outrage, but he seems determined to find out.

23 Likes

/s

17 Likes