Oopsie! Canadian lawmaker caught naked in online House of Commons meeting

It was already on the national news, but yeah. I had that thought when I saw the original report, like, that wasn’t necessary for what seemed fairly clearly an honest mistake.

2 Likes

I did enjoy the BBC news presenter I heard on the radio saying:
“the politician used his mobile phone to hide his [totally deliberate pause] embarrassment”

I have several stick on ones, lots of vendors realized branded ones are a really good way of keeping their brand in your eyeline…

2 Likes

Lyndon Johnson vibes

Or if it’s an external camera, unplug it. But yeah, a post-it note or ‘privacy’ cover is a wonderful thing.

1 Like

I’ve got a little one that sits on my monitor when I’m having a meeting, and is unplugged, and put aside when not needed. It’s a bit creepy when it’s just sitting there staring…

And yeah, if this is a laptop, a sticky, or one of those sliders is a good plan.

3 Likes

Whatever happened to Rita Rudner?

3 Likes

Since I had the exact same reaction but was going to dismiss it. From Wikipedia with one of the references in 2018:

“ Since 2001, Rudner has performed almost exclusively in Las Vegas, selling almost two million tickets and becoming the longest-running solo comedy show in Las Vegas. She moved to a larger theater at The Venetianin January 2011.”

6 Likes

Yeah, my Lenovo has one. Much tidier than a post-it note taped over the lens.

3 Likes

Oh! Thanks for feeding my laziness and doing the legwork! :laughing: Glad she’s doing well. I always liked her stuff.

5 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.