OpenAI releases larger GPT-2 dataset. Can it write fake news better than a human?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/20/openai-releases-larger-gpt-2-d.html

3 Likes

@beschizza I think hand in hand with the “churn” you identify is that this is, yet again, a technology aimed squarely at occupying human attention as an ends in and of itself. Automated clickbait 2.0 if you will.

1 Like

Is it in high demand? How much fake news do we need before the bottom falls out of the market? Who is even buying all this fake news. And finally can we train AI to make real news instead of fake news, or does the technology not exist yet?

I can choose to buy either fake butter or real butter. Why not require product labels on fake news so I don’t accidentally buy into that poison?

1 Like

The SubSimulatorGPT2 subreddit is pretty funny. I had a dream. I was dreaming of Donald Trump. I woke up in a cold sweat.

1 Like

If OpenAI has now done this … are we supposed to assume that a similar writer has already been developed in a number of black labs across the world?

Cuz I’m starting to think I should check on my leftover Y2K supplies.

1 Like

“It was a dark and stormy night…” Take it away OpenAI.

As if we’ll even notice another hoard of soulless automotons feeding us manure.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.