Opinion Piece on Controversial Subject

responds emphasising the importance of the common touch, life-earned wisdom and the mass of regular people in [blue/red] states agreeing in the latest [media outlet] survey

2 Likes

Grants that others may have differing knowledge and/or opinions. Having removed self from on-topic discussion, resorts to performing grammatical checks and editorial comment upon various writing styles of other commenters instead.

4 Likes

Commences tangential abstract meta-debate on the juxtaposition of persuasion and rhetoric

2 Likes

Runs out of mildly apropos factoids, resorts to sermon on debate tactics.

3 Likes

supercilious comment implying vacuity on behalf of those who cannot stay on topic

3 Likes

Note about how moderators on this site have gone out of control, and insistence that obvious derailment is germane to the topic at hand, when it’s really just an opportunity to trot out some of my personal peeves. Sad but completely vague lamentation about what BoingBoing has come to.

4 Likes

Reaches for italics in frantic hope of being validated.

1 Like

Hey, this is not about you.

1 Like

Makes it about me.

3 Likes

Make $300/$600/$1200 a day from your home/office/jail cell! link to ponzi scheme

1 Like

Christ, what a banana!

2 Likes

Over-used “meme” graphic.

2 Likes

Seven or eight lengthy paragraphs relating an arguably funny anecdote from my trailer-park upbringing, just barely tangentially relevant to a sentence in a previous commenter’s previous comment and probably not relevant at all to the OP, probably posted hours (if not days) after most everyone else has thoroughly discussed the issue and moved on, since I almost never have occasion to read BB on the weekends.

And I do mean lengthy.

7 Likes

Complaint that I can’t like this more than once.

4 Likes

attempt at having the last word some time after the world has moved on

2 Likes

Comment accusing you of attempting to have the last word some time after the world has moved on.

4 Likes

comment reading “so says you”

2 Likes

Claim that my stance isn’t just my opinion; it’s objectively correct.

5 Likes

Interjects own opinion as fact into an A-B conversation, hoping for a moment of social relevance.

4 Likes

Dismissive statement accusing you of not doing any research regarding Topic, and formulating your opinion based only on one quote by Popular Celebrity.

4 Likes