Opinion Piece on Controversial Subject

Points out popular celebrity is an expert in said field somehow and points to own looking at wikipedia as a defense of own expertise…

5 Likes

Points out that popular celebrity only thinks he or she is an expert in said field.

Calls you an idiot in a particularly offensive way, hoping to get a rise out of you.

4 Likes

Defends this celebrity, although reminds you that in general celebrities are useless human beings.

Suggests where you can shove your offensive statement impugning my good character.

4 Likes

Calls you a useless human being, and reminds you about one time when said celebrity did something wrong.

Makes empty threat.

4 Likes

Points out all the good the celebrity has done, and how they apologized for that ONE thing…

Tries to defuse your anger with self-deprecation.

4 Likes

Link to an article which was linked and responded to in the opinion piece.

5 Likes

Concedes that said celebrity has done some good things. States that that doesn’t make you any more right.

Half-assed apology, saying that “I got a little too worked-up,” so I don’t get banned.

2 Likes

Forget which side of the issue I’m on, and post statement which contradicts something I said earlier.

3 Likes

Question the integrity of a study cited in said article.

1 Like

Thinks both of you should be flagged for moderator attention, but only flags you… solely because @Mindysan33 liked my previous post so hard.

Coming up next: strident but ultimately false denials that my impartiality could ever be shaken by mere Likes.

4 Likes

Angry reply accusing you of not having read article.

2 Likes

Warns everyone to stay on topic, then starts an off-topic subthread of puns on the article content.

10 Likes

Compliments then playfully teases moderator in an oily and uncomfortably personal way under the mistaken impression that there’s an “in-crowd” to which one may be accepted with enough fawning and supplication. Comes off like the balding 45 year old guy with the pony tail hitting on girls at a college bar.

6 Likes

Sly but opaque reference to Humpty Dumpty.

1 Like

introspective stream of words attempting to make a point but poignantly revealing personal insecurities about being a balding 43 year old

3 Likes

Realised a while back this is much more fun than actual commenting.

8 Likes

Runs hands through luxuriant mane of hair.

Smiles to himself.

4 Likes

They shouldn’t close this board after five days; this should be ongoing.

6 Likes

Castigates @JonasEggeater for breaking character…

4 Likes

Oh.

Bollocks.

2 Likes