Optical illusion delivers incredible depth without having to cross your eyes and get a headache

I think that is true, yes.

Sort of looks like what the eye doc shows you right? When they want to balance the eyes properly, my doc flips the lenses and asks “which appears bolder and sharper” and as he flips the lens strength in each eye, the blue or the red part gets “closer”

So I think maybe having a slight imbalance in your vision between eyes might bolster the effect? And most people probably have that imbalance. People with corrective lenses therefore might be less likely to see this illusion, since the prescription balances things out.

I don’t really have the depth illusion here, but with strong glasses the chromatic aberration is particularly bad.

This means that if I move my head, the eye seems to look around as the colours move relative to each other

Oh wild, I also have astigmatism. I can see the illusion very well with glasses on… but with them off it just doesn’t work at all, no matter how close/far I am from it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.