Orcas now teaching each other to ram and capsize boats

Originally published at: Orcas now teaching each other to ram and capsize boats | Boing Boing

3 Likes

20 Likes

It would certainly be interesting to know specifically ‘why them and why now?’; but overall the only real surprise about cetacean reprisal attacks is how scarce they are; it’s not like we’ve not earned them.

22 Likes

My theory:

They’re getting organized! All those orca released from aquariums in the wild are coming into pods as leaders. They’re trained, they’re traumatized and they’re mad!!!

Whale Reaction GIF

16 Likes

Orca: The Revenge

Harley Quinn Lol GIF by DC

16 Likes

orcas are cool!

15 Likes

Good for them, we’ve definitely earned it.

10 Likes

Um, 1977 when they killed this guys pregnant mate and baby. Maybe he taught a few more how to get us, he was really good at destroying houses and Bo Derek’s leg. I believe that was her first movie.

I love this movie, better than Jaws in my opinion.

9 Likes

Except yeah no this is not likely to end well for them. :sob:

11 Likes

My thought exactly. This could easily turn into a shoot-on-sight approach by boat owners, and that would be truly tragic.

12 Likes

The voyage home may have been penance for this.

5 Likes

The score for this movie is gorgeous.

4 Likes

Are orcas sentient beings?

Nodding Yes GIF

13 Likes

Small sailboats are not who deserves their ire, though

7 Likes

I’m not sure you can convince the orcas of that but you can always try.

6 Likes

Europeans don’t tend to carry firearms

7 Likes

Sadly the US has more enough to ‘make up’ for everyone else who doesn’t, and then some.

:slightly_frowning_face:

10 Likes

Probably because now they can use the internet, easier to find like-minded orcas than it was in the past.

11 Likes

Before, it was all fax machines and dial-up and dolphins thinking they’d got a date.

14 Likes

Came here for something like this.
I have a dream of retiring to a small sailboat permanently in a few years time.
(not just because I couldn’t afford a house in this bloody country anyway).

But with climate change making the seas wilder than ever, the last thing I wanna hear about
is revenge-fish.

13 Likes